• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Post up your 5.0 pics!

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
That's not too bad then. I guess I'm used to Sti brembos going for like $1200 used which is insane.

Ya, it is not bad at all. And Ford and after market companies make brake cooling ducts for them. And there are already two piece light weight rotors available for them. With the light weight rotors the Brembo set up is actually 2# lighter than the stock caliper set up. Which is nice. But comes at a cost. As does every thing good. haha

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Car looks great though! :bigthumb: Give it time and I will have one of my own to mess around with.
If you snag one you will not be disappointed. lol

And thanks. Wait until I have these sexy mofos in there.

GTRecaro.jpg

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
If the Brembos offered better braking distances I would have done it already. But they don't shine unless on the track. Sooner or later I will come across a good deal and will get a set.

The lines I am not sure about. There was a big thread some where that had the engineer that developed the S197 brakes posting in it. He showed that the stock lines were VERY good for the application. That the amount of expansion of the stock lines would not be felt. Plus they are a lot less prone to fail. I was surprised to see how many guys posted up about failed stainless lines. Several causing crashes on road courses. So not exactly sold on the stainless lines just yet. haha

Yeah, it's a tough call. The Brembos do offer a foot or two better braking over the OEM brakes and offer better feel due to the additional pistons. The stock brakes actually work well with a dedicated track pad.

As for lines, look at what goes on Ford Racing’s track cars use. They do not use the flexible rubber brake lines. I’d be interested in reading that thread on ss brake lines and failures if you remember where to find it. I have Russell lines on my car and noticed a little firmer brake pedal.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn

Agreed! Just not on those seats. haha

Yeah, it's a tough call. The Brembos do offer a foot or two better braking over the OEM brakes and offer better feel due to the additional pistons. The stock brakes actually work well with a dedicated track pad.

As for lines, look at what goes on Ford Racing’s track cars use. They do not use the flexible rubber brake lines. I’d be interested in reading that thread on ss brake lines and failures if you remember where to find it. I have Russell lines on my car and noticed a little firmer brake pedal.

If I can find the thread later tonight I will post it up. It got real technical. The Boss uses rubber lines. But the track cars do have SS lines. I was always a believer until I read that thread.

Baller.....Now those are PRICEY. The clothe Recaros are about $2500 for the pair.

Ya. But a shop finally posted up photos of the cloth seats. Sure looks like the alcantara and cloth that the 2011/12 Boss had. That would not be bad. But the leather would match much better. I am not looking to spend $3K on seats right now. So we will see what happens.

$(KGrHqZHJD!E9!T+!!i8BPTmv2Ol!g~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqZHJCgE9!I+g4toBPTmwRtrYg~~60_57.JPG

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Yeah I saw the air bag tag. Definetly wouldn't need those. I love the Ford logo and Recaro up the side.

If I had a choice I would rather have the Recaro logo instead of the Ford Racing logo. Neither would be a deal breaker though.

3k? Holy hell.

Drrrr Where have you been? lol

Actually you can get them for $2500 shipped online. But still, not cheap.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Here is my baby. I jut ran her through our town car wash here. pretty much go through there every other day. Just waxed her for the first time a few days ago...still gossy.

Only mods are Roush CAI, Bassani axle backs, dark tints in back and light ones up front, and an unkown make suspension kit (my guess is roush). Premium interior with everything but nav and also has the shaker system (leather has the white stripe down the middle). Enjoy...

IMG_1142.JPG

IMG_1137.JPG

IMG_1138.JPG

IMG_1139.JPG

Wharf Rat

The other Hank
Mar 1, 2004
Here's mine...

spboss.jpg

IMG_0982.jpg

As far as the rubber v/s SS lines, night and day difference. I've road raced my 07 and 11 with and without and make no mistake the SS lines are exponentially better.

If you're really worried about your brakes, SS lines, good fluid, and good pads will go farther than the stock Brembos will for half the money- or really a 1/4 or less if you factor in new wheels/tires.

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
Agreed! Just not on those seats. haha

If I can find the thread later tonight I will post it up. It got real technical. The Boss uses rubber lines. But the track cars do have SS lines. I was always a believer until I read that thread.

Ya. But a shop finally posted up photos of the cloth seats. Sure looks like the alcantara and cloth that the 2011/12 Boss had. That would not be bad. But the leather would match much better. I am not looking to spend $3K on seats right now. So we will see what happens.

$(KGrHqZHJD!E9!T+!!i8BPTmv2Ol!g~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqZHJCgE9!I+g4toBPTmwRtrYg~~60_57.JPG

i asked someone who works at the ford dealer about these and they were still a insane price. I wan them but not that badly like you say

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info