Post reactions?

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
So, we have “like” available on posts. Is there a feature available to add on more reactions, ala facebook?

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Like it or you dont

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
Dislike?

It seems as if the 'like' button actually reduces posting... So not sure that adding more reactions would be good for mook's ducket intake.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This site makes pennies, not ducets. Literally isn't even worth waisting the breath on to talk about it. TCG is no money maker.

As for more reactions, [MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION] would have to say. I'm sure there's something, but every change comes with an impact.

Furthermore, reactions are better understood with an actual response to a post than with the simple click of some emoticon.

My $.02.

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
This site makes pennies, not ducets. Literally isn't even worth waisting the breath on to talk about it. TCG is no money maker.

As for more reactions, [MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION] would have to say. I'm sure there's something, but every change comes with an impact.

Furthermore, reactions are better understood with an actual response to a post than with the simple click of some emoticon.

My $.02.
I wanna see the balance sheet. FOIA request! :trump:

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Negative. There is not. We're also running a pretty old version of vb so even if there was, we'd probably be unable to use it.

I'm on a board with new forum software (not vb) and they only have the Like system... Don't think there is anything beyond that.

I also feel the like system discourages posting but every time I put it to a vote, I get shot down.

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
Negative. There is not. We're also running a pretty old version of vb so even if there was, we'd probably be unable to use it.

I'm on a board with new forum software (not vb) and they only have the Like system... Don't think there is anything beyond that.

I also feel the like system discourages posting but every time I put it to a vote, I get shot down.
:james:

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
However, giving out likes at least gets some kind of reaction. It's really no different than relying with an emoji.

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
Always happy to beat a dead horse

Wait don't we have an emoji for that?

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I actually liked the old days that we'd have emoji reply wars rather than clicking "like" and moving on.

OH THE GOOD OLE DAYS.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
We cant live in the past. This is what we have left.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Old or new forum software doesnt change member interactions.

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
So why does it matter if we live in the past then? So confused

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
B/c in the past, people actually posted.

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
So thats why we don't update VB. Trying to live in the past to get more posters.

I got it now.

:s00ls:

Outlaw

Reaction score
I enjoy the "like" system. Usually me liking someone's post is completely irrelevant to me replying or not. The only thing it might prevent is a YES or AMEN but at that point it's just clutter IMO.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
There is literally ZERO point to updating the forum software. Its not suddenly going to bring back the sizeable number of people who have left the site over the years. Its not going to suddenly cause the lurkers to start posting.

New VB software sucks anyway. I would have to jump ship to something else and while it costs money, the money isnt a big deal. Its the effort into switching over everything for what amounts to very little return .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom