📸 Photography Post a recent pic of your ride

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
Finally got the winter slut back today, just in time for snowmageddon. But, they detailed it, so now feel guilty driving it home in a snow storm.

DE6B3D0C-A474-4DBB-98D1-CD526E372EE1.jpeg

90000239-8BCF-403C-9044-B3332B482C2A.jpeg

I don’t think I’ve ever seen the center console cubbies this clean lol.

4F93751B-8464-42F2-8511-034F7CC54CA8.jpeg

Anyway good to be back. The difference in seat/ride comfort, quietness, transmission smoothness, and stereo audio quality from the loaner Exploder to this is unbelievable.

Five-0

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Finally got the winter slut back today, just in time for snowmageddon. But, they detailed it, so now feel guilty driving it home in a snow storm.

View attachment 152369

View attachment 152370

I don’t think I’ve ever seen the center console cubbies this clean lol.

View attachment 152371

Anyway good to be back. The difference in seat/ride comfort, quietness, transmission smoothness, and stereo audio quality from the loaner Exploder to this is unbelievable.
How do you like this thing? The price point seems like a lot of car for the money used.

Reactions: dpwalsh14

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
How do you like this thing? The price point seems like a lot of car for the money used.

It’s great, minus the e-latch and soft close door systems.

The depreciation, even during the elevated prices with covid, is very aggressive on these.

It’s a CPO which I added a Lincoln Project ESP warranty on top of to extend (much) further. I don’t think owning one of these outside of the factory warranty would be a good time.

There’s some model-specific parts that are stupid expensive on this.

Five-0

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
It’s great, minus the e-latch and soft close door systems.

The depreciation, even during the elevated prices with covid, is very aggressive on these.

It’s a CPO which I added a Lincoln Project ESP warranty on top of to extend (much) further. I don’t think owning one of these outside of the factory warranty would be a good time.

There’s some model-specific parts that are stupid expensive on this.
Noted! I figured it's a glorified Ford so it can't be too bad to maintain. I guess that assumption was wrong

Reactions: torquelover

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
Noted! I figured it's a glorified Ford so it can't be too bad to maintain. I guess that assumption was wrong

The mechanicals for the most part are parts bin items. Engine , trans, PTU, control arms, etc. The stuff that’s not, the door handles integrated into the belt line trim for instance, not so much.

It’s essentially a low volume production vehicle compared to everything else. They didn’t sell many of them, and then for only 4 years.

For instance, look up the illuminated panel on the trunk…

But I also like the fact that if you exclude the livery ones all around Chicago/O’Hare they’re not common.

ZedEx6

Oct 20, 2010
Picked up an F150 last week. Was actually looking for a ram but the chumps at St Charles cdj ruined the deal with forced add-ons and I walked. A great deal on this '21 with 12k miles popped up elsewhere and I couldn't pass it up. It's a very well equipped XLT with the coyote. Figured it was time for a practical vehicle to haul things to the house with and beat up in winter.. Absolutely loving it.

20230222_191147.jpg

20230224_172216.jpg

Thread Info