Big wood cock
Dirty AF with the other Tesla guy at work
4690A84F-B301-4069-BBE8-040907652535.jpeg

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
What kind of tree is that in the background? I've seen them before in the south, but just can't recall. I like 'em, reminds me of willow trees.
They are live oaks. All over this area and can get quite large and old. Add the Spanish moss and they look great.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Harlem ave, in summit. The one to the north (mid city) in stickney is better. They have undercarriage sprayers.

View attachment 142842
Hmm, used to go past that on the way to 63rd Street/Place. The g/f liked going to Grand Dukes Restaurant, which is now the Exit Saloon. Good food, but a hike for us. Looks like what was a BBQ joint on the other side of the parking lot is now their Deli. I'll have to let the g/f know.

But glad the restaurant moved over to Downers Grove on 75th across the street from the Old Vilnius Cafe (same owners). Easier drive and meeting place.

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
Hmm, used to go past that on the way to 63rd Street/Place. The g/f liked going to Grand Dukes Restaurant, which is now the Exit Saloon. Good food, but a hike for us. Looks like what was a BBQ joint on the other side of the parking lot is now their Deli. I'll have to let the g/f know.

But glad the restaurant moved over to Downers Grove on 75th across the street from the Old Vilnius Cafe (same owners). Easier drive and meeting place.
Grand dukes was some good stuff, sad they moved. If you liked that place you need to go to Sawas Old Warsaw polish smorgasbord on Cermak. All you can eat polish buffet.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Grand dukes was some good stuff, sad they moved. If you liked that place you need to go to Sawas Old Warsaw polish smorgasbord on Cermak. All you can eat polish buffet.
Been there.

We can still go to Grand Dukes, the new place is much larger, so less waiting on busy nights if you don't make a reservation.

Another place she likes is Smilga in Darien, at Lemont and 83rd.

Thread Info