📸 Photography Post a recent pic of your ride

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Not mine but the special lady friend’s new Volvo. The pearl white is sick!

3AC32E6F-99D9-4BB7-A540-04CA28972154.jpeg

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Nice pick up on the Momentum. Where did u buy from?

It’s actually, dare I say, a lease ?. She got an offer back in February to trade her lease in early on her old XC60. Also this is an R-Design not a momentum. We have been working with this awesome sales guy Ashvin at Patrick Volvo in Schaumburg.

Reactions: frank and Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

View attachment 84760

i reallllllly dig what volvo is doing lately style-wise. everything looks so good.

i think leasing is the right angle with these too from a reliability standpoint, right? or are they alright

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
It’s actually, dare I say, a lease [emoji1787]. She got an offer back in February to trade her lease in early on her old XC60. Also this is an R-Design not a momentum. We have been working with this awesome sales guy Ashvin at Patrick Volvo in Schaumburg.

We picked up a 21 XC60 inscription in that osmium grey yesterday lease. I can’t tell you how many suvs we drove I was getting annoyed but she finally liked the last 2 the x5 and the XC60. As much as we both loved the x5 bmw the payment was insane. She wanted a black XC60 but I put a hard stop on that real quick.

IMG_5880.jpg

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
i reallllllly dig what volvo is doing lately style-wise. everything looks so good.

i think leasing is the right angle with these too from a reliability standpoint, right? or are they alright

When we were first shopping for her like 3 years ago we test drove a lot of SUV's (Alfa Romeo, Jaguar, Land Rover, BMW). She fell in love with the Jaguar F Pace, but we couldn't come to an agreement with any Jaguar dealer on appropriate pricing. So as a last ditch effort I asked her if she ever thought about Volvo. We ended up going over to Volvo and we got her into her first XC60 R-Design and she really liked it, best of all the price was right. Fast forward to a couple of months ago Volvo started hitting her up to bring her lease in early and she wanted to check out the F Pace again. So we went back to the Jaguar dealership and test drove one, the car felt clunky and uninspired. The interior was ok, but had a cheap feel to it. It was not what she remembered and the problem was she grew accustomed to the Volvo. After that test drive I said let's go back to Volvo. The Volvo is definitely a great value in my opinion, it is an underrated vehicle.

We hadn't had any serious issues in 3 years with the car, I think the biggest thing was the rear squirter went out for the windshield washer fluid. She only ever leases because she likes a new car basically every 3 years.

We picked up a 21 XC60 inscription in that osmium grey yesterday lease. I can’t tell you how many suvs we drove I was getting annoyed but she finally liked the last 2 the x5 and the XC60. As much as we both loved the x5 bmw the payment was insane. She wanted a black XC60 but I put a hard stop on that real quick.

View attachment 84779

Same exact story basically, see above :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Yaj Yak

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Same exact story basically, see above :ROFLMAO:

Brother I hate car shopping with a female we have different tastes she does not like the suede interiors, she wants all the chrome trim on the exterior and wood grain trims on interiors. But she likes black in the wheels go figure. It’s her first Volvo hopefully it’s good to her like the Acura MDX. All she said I already had Pearl white I’d like something different. This time I’d like black I said how about NO pick another color lol. I’m not spending all that time cleaning it and seeing every flaw. I’m glad she picked this color it’s not the dark gray and it’s not silver.

We are dropping it off to get tinted today 20% in the front

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Brother I hate car shopping with a female we have different tastes she does not like the suede interiors, she wants all the chrome trim on the exterior and wood grain trims on interiors. But she likes black in the wheels go figure. It’s her first Volvo hopefully it’s good to her like the Acura MDX. All she said I already had Pearl white I’d like something different. This time I’d like black I said how about NO pick another color lol. I’m not spending all that time cleaning it and seeing every flaw. I’m glad she picked this color it’s not the dark gray and it’s not silver.

Oh I am right there with you :ROFLMAO: Sometimes during that first process I wanted to pull my hair out. Pretty sure on one occasion I told her I can't do this with her anymore (car shop) and I wished her luck in finding "what she wanted". Ultimately I got reeled back in :LOL:

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Oh I am right there with you :ROFLMAO: Sometimes during that first process I wanted to pull my hair out. Pretty sure on one occasion I told her I can't do this with her anymore (car shop) and I wished her luck in finding "what she wanted". Ultimately I got reeled back in :LOL:

The best thing about a lease is $5 car washes in the winter and I can just spray wax the paint in the summer. Volvo’s 3 years years free Maintance is a big savings I’m sure. Acura had dumb Maintance services. The last service I said change the oil only and shut the service light off $49 instead of $349 FU. I’ll lube the doors lol

• Love
Reactions: Yaj Yak and greasy

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville

View attachment 84760

R trim?

My brother’s special lady has the exact same car. He stole the car when they were doing lease deals in 2019. He flew out to Jersey and drove the car back.

I’m going to try to work a lease deal on a XC90. The deals don’t seem to be out there like they used to be in terms of leases. I will probably have to open the pocket books up for the old lady.

Ps...tint those front windows!

Reactions: Yaj Yak

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
The best thing about a lease is $5 car washes in the winter and I can just spray wax the paint in the summer. Volvo’s 3 years years free Maintance is a big savings I’m sure. Acura had dumb Maintance services. The last service I said change the oil only and shut the service light off $49 instead of $349 FU. I’ll lube the doors lol

I just tell the guys to do oil changes only. Other than that, I’ve done zero maintenance on my wife’s MDX other than tire rotations as discount tire and changing the cabin air filter. Car looks minty otherwise.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
R trim?

My brother’s special lady has the exact same car. He stole the car when they were doing lease deals in 2019. He flew out to Jersey and drove the car back.

I’m going to try to work a lease deal on a XC90. The deals don’t seem to be out there like they used to be in terms of leases. I will probably have to open the pocket books up for the old lady.

Yup the R Design, she loves the side bolstered seats now. Refuses any other trim because of it :ROFLMAO: I'll see what I can do on the tints....

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
R trim?

The xc90 is bad ass but we have no need for a third row seat. Hope you get it

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Yup the R Design, she loves the side bolstered seats now. Refuses any other trim because of it :ROFLMAO: I'll see what I can do on the tints....

My girl is opposite she didn’t like the bolstered seats and I’m like I give up all I heard was blah blah blah after that.

giphy.gif

At one point they all looked the same. I was mentally drained with suvs.

• Haha
Reactions: greasy

Thread Info