Niche score of 2,363
Reactions: GLIGTO

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Battery Tender is on, I routed the wire under the car and under the carpet on the passenger side and its hanging off the side of my toolbox. In the first picture from the rear you can see my rigged set up with the drop light strung over so I can plug it in from there. And to answer your next question is that the wall outlet is not working and I need to get someone out to look at it and get it fixed.
And never had a issue with flat spots on the tires.

I’ve never had issues with it either I just remove mats from cars going to the auction it can’t hurt being under the tires. I just started doing it a few years ago. I do put a shit load of dryer sheets all over the interior and moth balls by the garage doors.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I was messing with you.

With that said, mine is climate controlled. It's actually warmer in the garage than the house. So no floor sweating.
There ya go then.
Come on jimbo
You're assuming he's never parked a vehicle that's been in the salt on that side of the garage, or the previous owner. If he's climate controlled, really don't even need anything under the tires, just over-inflate 5-10psi, fill the tank, and throw the maintainer on it. If he's not climate controlled, I'd just throw it on jack stands.

Reactions: Gav'sPurpleZ

JFish75

Addict
TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2019
Winfield, Il.
I’ve never had issues with it either I just remove mats from cars going to the auction it can’t hurt being under the tires. I just started doing it a few years ago. I do put a shit load of dryer sheets all over the interior and moth balls by the garage doors.
Yep dryer sheets in the car and under it/around the garage.

Reactions: The Beast

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
There ya go then.

You're assuming he's never parked a vehicle that's been in the salt on that side of the garage, or the previous owner. If he's climate controlled, really don't even need anything under the tires, just over-inflate 5-10psi, fill the tank, and throw the maintainer on it. If he's not climate controlled, I'd just throw it on jack stands.

No need to fill the tank it just takes longer to burn that winter blend old gas plus it’s 4 mos storage I’m sure everyone will start the vehicles once in awhile.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
No need to fill the tank it just takes longer to burn that winter blend old gas plus it’s 4 mos storage I’m sure everyone will start the vehicles once in awhile.
Just leave it be until it's spring. Just like most things, we over prepare when realistically you could park that fucker for a year as-is without any problems.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
One of the reasons for breaking the tire contact with concrete is to prevent the rubber from drying out and cracking, since as previously mentioned concrete is porous.

Just get some foam board insulation cut into squares to place under the tires. I use some 3/4" foil-backed foam board insulation under my cruiser's tires. It's cheap, can easily be cut to the right size, and can be reused from year-to-year.

Like this.
1669741881943.png

Plus, whatever is left over you can use to kneel or lay on if you have to work on cold pavement.

JFish75

Addict
TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2019
Winfield, Il.
Not filling the tank will allow for condensation to build and rust to form if you have a steel tank in your car.
Yeah I have heard both sides to the story with the gas, again I have never had an issue with it, its really only in there for 4ish months. I usually just add a bottle of the Techron fuel system additive on first fill up after I take it out in the spring as preventative. It has about 1/2 tank in it now, and while my garage isn't heated or a controlled temperature it is attached to the house so it definitely keeps things from freezing or getting too out of control temperature wise.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Thread Info