📸 Photography Post a recent pic of your ride

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Yeah, but I really like that silver, and I'd prefer the LT4, which you can't get in a standard version (CE or GS only). I'd take a 96 GS as well, but those are going for stupid high prices.

I did find one with low mileage, 65k, but it was a convertible, which I don't want. They were only asking $15,000.
The LT4 was put in every 6 speed 1996 Corvette. The GS was only offered in a 6 speed, the CE came with both auto and manual. Auto CE's came with the standard LT1. My cousin has a triple black 1996 manual vert with the LT4.

The GS coupe is one of my dream cars but I doubt I'll ever be able to buy one.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
The LT4 was put in every 6 speed 1996 Corvette. The GS was only offered in a 6 speed, the CE came with both auto and manual. Auto CE's came with the standard LT1. My cousin has a triple black 1996 manual vert with the LT4.

The GS coupe is one of my dream cars but I doubt I'll ever be able to buy one.
Could order a LT4 / 6spd in 96’ which could be ordered in any color. But not always a collectors edition.

Collector edition trim was only offered in sliver with 6spd and LT4.

Reactions: The Beast

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Could order a LT4 / 6spd in 96’ which could be ordered in any color. But not always a collectors edition.

Collector edition trim was only offered in sliver with 6spd and LT4.
You can get an auto Collector Edition which came with an LT1.

1627334476598.png

The Grand Sport only came with a 6 speed/LT4. Also the Convertible GS' didn't come with the rear fender flares and 11" wide rear wheels. The options we pretty weird in 1996. The LT4 was standard with a manual in 1996. You could not get a 6 speed LT1 in 1996.

Reactions: Yaj Yak and frank

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I know dat bridge. You're a couple blocks away from my other house. Years back (like in the 90's, a friend and I drove a car across it late one night. :D
I took the Geneva spur out to the river. I've done the section from Winfield into WeGo a few times, but always turn north at Reed Keppler pack. So this was a new path for me. Took it to the Fox river and then came back (about 29 miles total). Though I came up to Hawthorne and rode that instead of the path. Didn't know Powis was fucked up, which is good since I was going to go that way on Monday for an appt.

That Hawthorne's Backyard smelled really good. If I wasn't in a hurry to get back I might have stopped in for some eats.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Love those cars, don’t see many at all on the road out here though.

G8's? Or STS-V's?

I took the Geneva spur out to the river. I've done the section from Winfield into WeGo a few times, but always turn north at Reed Keppler pack. So this was a new path for me. Took it to the Fox river and then came back (about 29 miles total). Though I came up to Hawthorne and rode that instead of the path. Didn't know Powis was fucked up, which is good since I was going to go that way on Monday for an appt.

That Hawthorne's Backyard smelled really good. If I wasn't in a hurry to get back I might have stopped in for some eats.

Yea, the other homestead is a few blocks SE of Reed Keppler. That same friend and I would bike that too. You'd eat a shit ton of insects though on that stretch after the bridge out to Kress... I hated having to bike back up that hill on Woodward Ave. from the river though. I don't know what's taking them forever on Kress Road. It's been 2.5 weeks now. Hawthorne's is actually pretty good. Kids eat free on Sunday (not that it would matter in your case...), so we'd hit them up often on Sunday's. My wife loves the pulled pork sammich.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
G8's? Or STS-V's?

Yea, the other homestead is a few blocks SE of Reed Keppler. That same friend and I would bike that too. I hated having to bike back up that hill on Woodward Ave. from the river though. I don't know what's taking them forever on Kress Road. It's been 2.5 weeks now. Hawthorne's is actually pretty good. Kids eat free on Sunday (not that it would matter in your case...), so we'd hit them up often on Sunday's. My wife loves the pulled pork sammich.
I cut up MacQueen to shortcut to Hawthorne. I had gone maybe 100m and could smell the food already. Parking lot was packed, they were going across the street and parking in ESP lot too.

I took the path a block to the north that cuts past the Oak Hill cemetery. The first 20' of elevation is a ramp that you walk up. That helped, lol.

Thread Info