Back side of Fontana Dam, NC.

JIM_0432-Copy.jpg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I've got a 2009 G37S 6MT all stock, nicest car I've ever bought.
I was looking at a 2010, just to have some fun with, but they were all beat to shit, so my budget had to go up to find a decent one. Plus with a little research found that it wouldn't have the USB port, it'd have the 30pin iPod connector and RCA plugs, which I didn't want. I wanted something along the lines of a GT car for road trips and the "S" model is definitely not up to it. A friend of mine has a 2012, the regular X, with the 17" wheels and normal seats and it's much more comfortable for long hauls. You don't feel every crack in the road. But when the roads get twisty he can't quite keep up when we up the pace. That's the trade off.

After having driven the Lexus equivalent I would rather have the RC instead. The G37 is nice and all, but the build quality isn't that great, and for the amount of power it makes, it isn't that fast (she's heavy). Also noticed that you get a LOT of road noise on the highway and I'm running some of the quietest tires on the market (Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+). I took out the wheel liners and there is no sound deadening material, none. The transmission tunnel is the same way. Should be a good 5-6db quieter. The biggest drawback is the lack of storage space. The trunk is pitifully small.

Oddly I found you can't set the cruise at speeds over 90mph, hehehehe.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
This kid is pretty fearless (like me) but gets a little anxiety (like mom) with strange places and doesn’t like a lot of noise so I can’t imagine him being locked into a car seat with flashing lights, a shaking truck and noises would go over well. Add in that when he cries hard and gets too worked up he throws up. Maybe if my wife was sitting back there with him he’d be ok with it? It’s a tough call. Either he’d get a kick out of it and love it or totally freak out and I’d end up cleaning vomit out of my truck.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
This kid is pretty fearless (like me) but gets a little anxiety (like mom) with strange places and doesn’t like a lot of noise so I can’t imagine him being locked into a car seat with flashing lights, a shaking truck and noises would go over well. Add in that when he cries hard and gets too worked up he throws up. Maybe if my wife was sitting back there with him he’d be ok with it? It’s a tough call. Either he’d get a kick out of it and love it or totally freak out and I’d end up cleaning vomit out of my truck.

Maybe try a touchless was first ? this way its just water instead of suede cloths banging against the vehicle ( inner detailer says please no with the black truck )

This and I still do.

:angrys00ls:

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Maybe try a touchless was first ? this way its just water instead of suede cloths banging against the vehicle ( inner detailer says please no with the black truck )

:angrys00ls:

My inner detailer says the same thing every time I go thru a car wash but at the same time I know it’ll look great once I do it’s spring paint correction. If I can’t get the swirls out of it you can expect a call.
It’s more about getting rid of the salt to fight off it rusting right now anyway.

Reactions: Gav'sPurpleZ

Thread Info