📸 Photography Post a recent pic of your ride

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
All you need is a sporting car exemption. Takes about 3 minutes online to file for.
Isn't there limits on how much you can drive then??

The Illinois Vehicle Emissions Inspection Law of 2005 (625 ILCS 5/13C-15(b)(8)(I)) provides for an exemption from the required vehicle emissions testing requirement if a vehicle is operated exclusively in organized amateur or professional sporting activities, as defined in Section 3.310 of the Environmental Protection Act. If a vehicle meets this requirement, the registered owner may apply for an exemption.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
This wasn't copied additionally. I think this too would be questioned when you apply.

"Organized amateur or professional sporting activity" is defined as an activity or event carried out at a facility by persons who engaged in that activity as a business or for education, charity or entertainment for the general public, including all necessary actions and activities associated with such an activity. This definition includes, but is not limited to:
  • rifle and pistol ranges, licensed shooting preserves, and skeet, trap or shooting sports clubs in existence prior to January 1, 1994,
  • public hunting areas operated by a governmental entity,
  • organized motor sports, and
  • sporting events organized or controlled by school districts, units of local government, state agencies, colleges, universities or professional sports clubs offering exhibitions to the public.

I seem to recall looking in to this once and since I'm not an "organization or a professional sporting activity engaging in it for business, education, charity or entertainment, it didn't apply.

Dave M

TCG Elite Member
Aug 28, 2015
Gurnee
Real Name
Morefield
This wasn't copied additionally. I think this too would be questioned when you apply.

I seem to recall looking in to this once and since I'm not an "organization or a professional sporting activity engaging in it for business, education, charity or entertainment, it didn't apply.

They don't verify shit. You literally do the online application, and last time I did it I got a confirmation email in about 5-10 minutes and went online right then and renewed my tags.

Reactions: greasy

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
e8gIEYr.jpg

Thread Info