Possible new truck hunt - yaj yak's adventure of 2019

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
This is why I want one. If I buy new, I plan to run it into the ground and will likely have at least 2 kids by then - you could live in those fucking back seats :rofl:

I don't care about towing....yet. The motor, I would like it to not feel like it's going to fall on its face every time I accelerate.

It’s only like 1000 bucks more than the 2.7 to get the 5.0, there was a guy at 41 last night with a standard cab 2wd running 12.9’s I chatted with him for a minute he said all he had done was a tune and on smaller rims and drag radials it went 12.5

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
It’s only like 1000 bucks more than the 2.7 to get the 5.0, there was a guy at 41 last night with a standard cab 2wd running 12.9’s I chatted with him for a minute he said all he had done was a tune and on smaller rims and drag radials it went 12.5

The 2.7's respond fairly well to tunes as well...I bet a similarly equipped 2.7 with a tune would be right there too. But the 2.7 also sounds like trash, so that's a big consideration too.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Going back, if someone wants the Tundra and believes it’s more reliable (less headaches / repairs), then paying an extra $80 a month on fuel over a Ecoboost F150 is worth it.

Not sure if the Tundra is any cheaper on insurance to help offset the gas price.

To me you buy a Tundra for that roll down back window. That is freaking awesome.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Well - some of us on TCG change vehicles as often as we change underwear, so we would not hold on to a Tundra long enough for it to reach its first check up at 300k miles.

Though - we may keep the F150 Ecoboost long enough for it to start to leak out of every Orpheus at 150k miles, with a complete failure at 175k miles.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Well - some of us on TCG change vehicles as often as we change underwear, so we would not hold on to a Tundra long enough for it to reach its first check up at 300k miles.

Though - we may keep the F150 Ecoboost long enough for it to start to leak out of every Orpheus at 150k miles, with a complete failure at 175k miles.

How many frames have been replaced under the Tundra during that 300K miles?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info