Possible new truck hunt - yaj yak's adventure of 2019

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I'm halfway considering a new (maybe used, or new?) truck

Current truck incentives are really enticing and I'm at a point where I either drive my truck into the ground, or off it and move on.

I want a few things-

Be rated to tow more than 10k.

Four REAL sized doors.

At least a 6 & a half foot long bed.

Heated buckets (I'm alright with cloth)

More tech & comfort than my 6/7 year old poverty gasser (tilt/extendo wheel would be nice, i'd like android auto but not a deal breaker, everyone has backup camera's now right?)

No black trucks, and I don't LOVE red, but some manufacturers (whatsup ford & gmc) make some alright darker reds I don't mind.

So, I'll take you along my journey and bail on the bored thread for [MENTION=73]tinfoilhat[/MENTION].

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
thing that sparked this, was new 6.2 super duty's and reading reviews.

being lightweight AF & the 6.2 having plenty of grunt- they run out pretty good for a gasser hd truck.

F-250 hustled to 60 mph in 6.7 seconds and nearly hit its 98-mph top speed in the quarter-mile, with a time of 15.3 seconds at 92 mph. Part of the credit goes to the new six-speed TorqShift-G automatic transmission that is standard with the 6.2-liter gas engine.

This color is what i realllllly like.

Silver spruce- kinda grey/greenish. but they are not moving on these at all right now really... so it's going to be 60k to get leather, mid to upper 50s for heated cloth buckets. :dunno:

Ez30rPvh.jpg

sport package looks awesome on these- but unfortunately the LED Lights (almost necessary to me if spending 60k+ on a vehicle?) aren't available in this package.

3d66ESzh.jpg

I wanted to drive a gas 6.2 truck to just see how it was- so I drove this one.

eDJ0dxwh.jpg

I like the "TRUCK FUCK YA" factor of these, they are HUGE- just under 7' tall bone stock. I like the idea of aluminum for corrosion resistance...

the upfitter switches make me feel like im piloting a straight up jet, which is kinda neat, til i remember I'm not.

BnfGQYJh.jpg

d6XIpT9.jpg

so it is plenty quick for a big ol' truck. would win in a drag race against my current truck for sure.

what it does worse than my current truck? it rides like a goddamn hay wagon. sweet fuck, i thought i was losing a tooth by the time i got the truck back.

maybe it needs a lot of weight in it ALWAYS to ride better? i mean of course 3/4 and 1 ton trucks ride better with weight in them, but fuck, the unloaded ride was ridiculously uncomfortable compared to my current ancient truck.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I really like the f150's- the huge pickle here- and one salesman said it, another alluded to it- since a lot of what are being sold now, are "DADF150's"-- 6 & a half foot beds RARELY exist in upper trim levels, especially with max trailer/tow packages like I'd be wanting.

I drove a 3.5/super crew 6.5 bed/max tow truck. this is likely the best deal for the money if you don't care about gadgets and gizmos.

0 % for 72 months, 41k after 12k off- ford is literally overhand throwing incentives at these to keep it's market share.

https://www.gillespiefordofgurnee.c...c0a0e0ae9288f411f4667829a.htm?searchDepth=1:1

4a52f3caada8a994813544e99ed620e0x.jpg

my personal, totally subjective issue with these, is unless you get an STX, they are not great looking, well, and they look fucking ancient. have these trucks been out for 9 years now? who knows. no one knows. henry ford designed it i think. (flamesuit engage from the incoming dadf150 crew)

oh and XLT & down hvac controls are lame as balls for something with a 50k msrp.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I like the new sierra 1500's a lot.

aBo31W7.jpg

xg6b3if.jpg

agMUvdu.jpg

multi pro tailgate feels gimmicky at first, but now i think it's kinda neat. whatever. it's there on the upper trim levels no matter what.

P4g4L91h.jpg

this made me annoyed... the RES+ and SET- logos, aren't actually buttons, they are directions for which way to flick that nipple thing...
while to the left and right of the scroller wheeler, those are actually buttons, where you push, on the logo, for what you want it to do... someone wasn't thinking.

1A123MVh.jpg

I drove one of these 6.2/ten speed combos. it's fucking sweet. they move the fuck out, they are smooth and quiet when they need to be, and just a comfy truck.

also, gmc is throwing 10k at SLT trucks right now it seems...

the new camera tech is fucking awesome, as i parked, a camera for the front came on, to show how close the right front corner was getting to the curb on the right side. pretty fucking slick.

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
i was bullshitting in the bored thread.

[MENTION=73]tinfoilhat[/MENTION] made some random thread in off topic for some reason? who knows, he's short, i let him have his temper tantrums.

first legit thread for this hunt.

also suck my balls.
Knee caps too pointy 2/10 wouldn't suck balls

Also confirmed this makes three.

Have you thought about doing a cab swap?? @deezus

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
this is another thing GM did really right with the redesign FINALLY

QesghPah.jpg

made the back seat finally "f150-huge"

i can sit in the back, pointy elbows, knees, and all, with the driver seat where i drove the truck, comfy as fuck. something previous gm's couldn't do while ford has done for almost 10 years?

This is why I want one. If I buy new, I plan to run it into the ground and will likely have at least 2 kids by then - you could live in those fucking back seats :rofl:

if you don't care about bigger motors or towing a lot, you can find super legit trucks for mid 30's with 0 % for 72 months.

I don't care about towing....yet. The motor, I would like it to not feel like it's going to fall on its face every time I accelerate.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
cough Tundra cough. I get the hate for them, but the engine and transmission combo has been proven to be dead nuts reliable, they can tow over 10k, they are quiet and ride nice, and the new ones looks pretty cool IMO. I think the 6.5 foot bed is only available in the double cab. I have fit 4 full grown midwestern dudes without any complaints. I don't know much about the tech though.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
cough Tundra cough. I get the hate for them, but the engine and transmission combo has been proven to be dead nuts reliable, they can tow over 10k, they are quiet and ride nice, and the new ones looks pretty cool IMO. I think the 6.5 foot bed is only available in the double cab. I have fit 4 full grown midwestern dudes without any complaints. I don't know much about the tech though.

soooo my pickle is the door situation, i want four "real" doors, and a 6.5 bed- the cab situation because for when childrens happen, i want to be able to put whateverthefuck car seat behind the driver if need be and not be cramped up front.

if tundra had their gargantuan cab with a 6.5 bed (from the factory), i'd for sure consider it, for that roll down back window alone.

shutup and take my fucking money.

GPTUNDRA5.7-3.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Check out Laura GMC Buick if you're interested in a GMC. I bought my truck from them. They're the Abernathy's of GMC. I've been seeing ads for 2019 GMC DIESEL denali's for $59K.

so [MENTION=344]Gav'sPurpleZ[/MENTION] recommended this as well. the pickle i have/had here, is if they give me horseshit on trade for my truck, ive just done 10 hours of driving for just a field trip south.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info