Possible Clutch issue

Rebel

Reaction score
Started noticing that my clutch on the wrx is slipping under load in the higher gears. (Hwy speeds, 3rd-5th gear). I'm probably going to get it checked out next week but outside of the clutch should I be looking for anything else in the transmission? If I wait a few weeks am I going to have a bigger issue to deal with? 92K on stock clutch currently.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
That's just about the most textbook way that a clutch starts the end of it's life. I think you'll be fine driving it for a whilst, just don't put it under high loads.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
[MENTION=7]IDAFC21[/MENTION] can talk to you about WRX trans issues :mamoru:

95SC

4 cams
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
I think stock clutch took a shit before 20K miles on my brothers WRX few years ago LOL

Rebel

Reaction score
Yeah I know their trans aren't the best which is why I'm wondering if I can wait or if it's a little more urgent. Would probably replace it with a stage 1 or stage 2 clutch but it would be nice to do it after the new year if I can.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Just keep driving it :dunno: None of us can tell you when it will get so bad that you can't drive it anymore. Just don't beat the shit out of it or let it slip when you're in taller gears and it will last a lot longer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom