porting the eaton?

kweb288

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering if any of you have attempted to hand port the eaton? if so any articles/any thoughts about it and recomendations would be greatly appreciated.
Throwing around the idea of doing this myself

batman

Surrounded by 10 points
Reaction score
come people here have...use the search

-=SVT=-

Gold Member
Reaction score
I ported my eaton myself it was not hard and didn't take that long to do. I know dewalt with the yellow vert ported his as well. I used a drill press, right angle cut off wheel and a dremal tool to get the job done!

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Reaction score
I am pretty good in the garage but for that type of job I would send it to steggy and have them do it and they can check the snout and make sure everything is in good working order before turning up the wick..

IZZy

Powered by ES
Reaction score
defenatly send it out to have it ported and get good results

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
I still cant believe how many people fall for the Snout rebuild. You have as good a chance of winning the lottery as they do failing.

-=SVT=-

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's really not that hard don't let people scare you. My port and polish went nice and easy! I have put 5k on it not one problem at all!

PNSH3R

Reaction score
I did my own, too.
Numbers below are with a 2.8 upper. Stock TB & plenum, UPR Off road x, magnaflow catback and K&N Fipk. I was happy with it.
Added a 4lbs lower later & put down 495whp & 510wtq. :)

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Reaction score
I may be weird but would rather pay and know its done to where if I have an issue I can point a finger..lol So the snout issues are all bullshit?

PNSH3R

Reaction score
crank snout? What does that have to do with porting the blower?

OP
kweb288

kweb288

Reaction score
i like doing stuff myself lol thats the only reason i asked. Only thing ive paid to have someone do so far is rebuilding a trans and tuning the car.

Dont like handing over $$ if i can do it myself :)
Thanks for all the info/advice! i will look into it guys!

PNSH3R

Reaction score
what is the deal with the blower snout having issues after porting? The entire assembly (including the rotors) gets easily separated from the supercharger case and is never touched during the porting....? Only the case gets worked on.

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Reaction score
what is the deal with the blower snout having issues after porting? The entire assembly (including the rotors) gets easily separated from the supercharger case and is never touched during the porting....? Only the case gets worked on.
All I was saying is while its being ported they can check the snout and make sure its in good shape.. Never taken one apart so just going on what I have read..

-=SVT=-

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yea the snout stays assembled so it was fine before you started it will be fine after your done.

sleepercobra

Reaction score
I'm very happy with my Steig Stage 5 and 2.76 upper. :D

how much hp did u put down with that the stage 5 with what kind of mods? im thinking about sending mine out and was wondering if i should go a different route, like compound boost...

Dewalt03cobra

Dewalt03Cobra
Reaction score
I ported and polished the inside of my blower and show polished the outside. Show polishing is a lot of work. I enjoyed it though, very rewarding to be able to say you did that. Porting and polishing however is very easy. I was amazed. 472 HP not so impressive, but 522 ft/lb of torque for 2 hours of work that cool. And most of the work was done by my 15 year old son as I was teaching him about cars. We used a very basic port profile, nothing advanced like the new ports. Here are some pics.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Any Monkey Can do this "IF YOU PUT YOUR MIND TO IT"
It is not easy !!!!!!! But neither is it hard!!!!!!!

IT JUST TAKES WORK!!!!!

Re engineering mechanical designs is what I do.

This is a basic port, nothing fancy, yet it is comparable too, or exceeds basic port power numbers.

It's fun to try!!!!!!!!!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom