• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Ported TB

B

Blakes99GTP

Haven't decided on either the ZZP ported TB or the LS1 kit. LS1 kit seems like i would have to do too many other things before i could put it on. I heard Ron Vogels TB is pretty good. People with his TB could you throw me some input.
Thanks. :D

mybluegtp

Reaction score
I have Ron's TB and I like it and plus he is doing an upgrade to that too. He said it would be better than the LS1....I think.. :huh:

zeez gtp

Reaction score
How much is Ron's TB? I did not know he ported them for other people. This is something I am interested in for the spring time

Z

dole21

Reaction score
Originally posted by mybluegtp@Nov 23 2003, 12:59 PM
I have Ron's TB and I like it and plus he is doing an upgrade to that too. He said it would be better than the LS1....I think.. :huh:
I'll second that. I have it and no problems whatsoever.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

My ears are ringing...Spring is when I'll get back to all of this, I've got some changes coming, but there will be a new version plus the standard with some new tweaks.

jk99gtp

Reaction score
What kinda gains do you see with a Ported TB?

Thanks,

Joel

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Really depends on your combination. With a cold air intake and free flowing exhaust plus a 3.4 pulley, you could see 1-2 tenths in the quarter. The standard TB I'd been doing is good with up to a 3.25 pulley. After that a larger TB plate and thinned shaft will do you the most good, but I won't start doing that until next year. As with any mod you need to ensure that your system is tweaked or it may exagerate exsisting problems. I was able to get my car in the 13's with just a ported TB, K&N, U-bend removed, and 3.4 pulley.

B

Blakes99GTP

Hey Ron,

So you wont be selling them till next year??? So if i were to get a TB spacer would it mount up to your TB or no??? Speaking of TB spacers... which is the best one out there???

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Reaction score
am I the Only one who couldnt get one to run(correctly) on there car?
I put a stocker back on, and im Good to go....

I hope you are taking care of the fella who bought my old one.

LS1 FOR ME

FYI :ph34r:

Royalgtp

Reaction score
Originally posted by Blakes99GTP@Nov 24 2003, 03:35 AM
Hey Ron,

So you wont be selling them till next year??? So if i were to get a TB spacer would it mount up to your TB or no??? Speaking of TB spacers... which is the best one out there???
Yes the spacer would mount to a GP throttle body. They give you longer studs to bolt it on.

Get a MAP spacer and rtv sealent to make sure its a tight seal.

gtphale

Reaction score
I highly doubt it will out flow the LS1. If you have ever seen an LS1 then you know why i'm saying this. There is nothing in the tb. All the sensors are put in channels. You will alwasy have the maf sensor in our tb's.That blocks alot of air, and you can't hog out the stock tb to the same diameter.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

If you add the Maf sensor to the LS1 (stock one) it's not so open anymore. I may need to use the LS1 Maf inconjuction with it. I have to test a few designs first, but I'm confident it'll flow as much or a c -hair more than the LS1. I'll do flow bench tests on several variables to ensure it flows well. I'm in a holding pattern until we close on the house, so there's no new develpment for a while.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom