3800 Ported TB

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Really depends on your combination. With a cold air intake and free flowing exhaust plus a 3.4 pulley, you could see 1-2 tenths in the quarter. The standard TB I'd been doing is good with up to a 3.25 pulley. After that a larger TB plate and thinned shaft will do you the most good, but I won't start doing that until next year. As with any mod you need to ensure that your system is tweaked or it may exagerate exsisting problems. I was able to get my car in the 13's with just a ported TB, K&N, U-bend removed, and 3.4 pulley.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Originally posted by Blakes99GTP@Nov 24 2003, 03:35 AM
Hey Ron,

So you wont be selling them till next year??? So if i were to get a TB spacer would it mount up to your TB or no??? Speaking of TB spacers... which is the best one out there???
Yes the spacer would mount to a GP throttle body. They give you longer studs to bolt it on.

Get a MAP spacer and rtv sealent to make sure its a tight seal.

gtphale

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Aurora
I highly doubt it will out flow the LS1. If you have ever seen an LS1 then you know why i'm saying this. There is nothing in the tb. All the sensors are put in channels. You will alwasy have the maf sensor in our tb's.That blocks alot of air, and you can't hog out the stock tb to the same diameter.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

If you add the Maf sensor to the LS1 (stock one) it's not so open anymore. I may need to use the LS1 Maf inconjuction with it. I have to test a few designs first, but I'm confident it'll flow as much or a c -hair more than the LS1. I'll do flow bench tests on several variables to ensure it flows well. I'm in a holding pattern until we close on the house, so there's no new develpment for a while.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info