• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Ported blower issues

nickl16

Regular
Aug 29, 2007
I just recently picked up a used Steigmeier stage 5+ ported blower and took my car up to Mr Norms and had Tim Barth tune the car with some not so good results. The car made 459rwhp and 436rwtq, my car has a 2.76 pulley, JLT high boost intake, UPR off road x-pipe, magnaflow cat back. With my stock blower I made 452rwhp and 484rwtq and I am at a loss for what is wrong with the car. It seems that I am definitely not making full boost as I am only getting 12 lbs of boost as well. I am just wondering if you guys have any ideas as to what the issue may be.

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
Think of it like this. You opened up the blower to force more air into it. Yet your not. So you need to spin it harder and push some more boost into it. Yet you have a good exhaust to allow it out. Put a 4lb lower on it and a boost a pump and 60's you will be in the 500 range on both hp n tq

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
That's what it is sounding like, just seems weird that most other cars run 500 rwhp or at least near it with ported upper pulley cars.

Most of those I have seen had a lower to get there.

Kurgan tuned my ported blower car and he told me get a lower because of the power I had made an I was not ecstatic with having a ported blower and making what many had made with just the stock blower and a 2.76 pulley.

I know if I were to put headers on my car I may lose a couple lbs of boost but make the same power/ small gain

01Cobra

Johnny Cobra
May 3, 2006
The stage 5 and up are not known for the best build. People have had issues. Not sure if that is the one with the plates. I would pull the blower off and take a look to see if the plate is broken near the welds.

The stage 4 is the shit. Have it on my car and it performs time and time again without issue. No one has had issue with the 4's.

If 4lb lower car should be over 500hp and 500tq. My car with 2.93 upper and 4lb lower on stage 4 is making 17 psi.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info