• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Ported blower install.... need help

kweb288

Addict
Mar 18, 2009
Hey guys, just put a stage 4 ported blower on my car, easy in stall no problems what so ever.
when i started the car however it made this un godly loud squeel (not the s/c whine) that started, then went away then started up again. I did not let the car run for to long in fear of hurting anything. Any ideas or directions of what i should look at/for would be of great help to me!

This was a used blower i bought off this site from a member, said it worked great.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
think he said 5k, belt is sitting right in the middle of ALL tensioners/pulleys

still why would going from a blower with a 2.76 to a ported blower with a 2.93 running the same style of belt cause this to happen?

There is an indicator on the tensioner that shows belt tightness. There are 2 raised marks, one is raised more than the other. If the arrow is pointing right in the middle where the raised marks meet you are golden. If not you need to adjust belt sizes.

Did you change belts at all when you went to the new blower setup? If not your belt is probably too tight because you stepped up a pulley size, but never got a bigger belt. I would suggest stepping up one belt size if you never changed the belts. Too much tension or too little will cause the car to scream like a banshee.

A squealing belt will look just fine. Are the gatorback belts the green ones? That's what everyone I know runs.

The Gatorbacks are black, but have provisions on the belt that travel diagonally to the ribs that allow the belt to be more quiet than say a Gates Micro-V. Gates Micro-V belts operate quietly if you have exact pulley alignment.

kweb288

Addict
Mar 18, 2009
551185_10100754922261760_1060244894_n.jpg

550824_10100754921014260_287250143_n.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info