• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

🔧 Technical Need advice on rebuilding or replacing Turbocharger for 2014 Porsche Cayenne Diesel

shockerracing.com

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 9, 2006
Dundee, IL
My 2014 Porsche Cayenne Diesel now has 212k miles on it and the Turbocharger is leaking oil. New OEM turbos from Porsche are stupid expensive, and even junkyard ones are pretty pricey. I am wondering if we have anyone here on TCG that can rebuild my factory OEM turbo, or if you guys can point me in the right direction. Otherwise, has anyone had any experience with this website: https://turbochargersdirect.com/new...eg-and-porsche-cayenne-diesel-tur-100195-gtn/
The pricing on this aftermarket turbo seems too good to be true so I am a bit leary of the site.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
There's a few things to note here:
1-If the compressor and turbine have milling at the top they were individually balanced. Theoretically you could DIY that
2-They're not super complicated
3-They can be a pain in the ass to get apart, especially the turbine housing and its bolts
4-You may need a weird kit for it if it's a VGT turbo. Not really sure.

Try this place in Minooka. https://www.rsdistributinginc.com/what-we-do

Reactions: shockerracing.com

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
I fix good s*** not s*** on a porch.

If you can find the Garrett kit it's probably not that difficult but the $1,000 price for the one sounds like a fairly decent unit I've come across what looks like companies using the cheap Chinese turbos and going through them and rebalancing them.

That may be what that is as the Garrett stuff has been copied forever along with the holeset stuff

shockerracing.com

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 9, 2006
Dundee, IL
I'm friendly with a turbo company, I could ask the guy if he suggests a rebuild place or a replacement unit. Want me to ask?
Thanks, I just called R&S as Mr_Roboto Mr_Roboto suggested and those guys were great. They told me to check my air filter and crank case pressure first as those may be causing the oil leaks. Then if that isn’t the issue they said I can bring them the turbo and they can rebuild. Pro Stock John Pro Stock John i appreciate the offer and will let you know if I need additional info.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info