v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Hello,

I don't have a build thread so I'm going to update you now. My '02 turbo Camaro ended up getting an AEM 320LPH pump, 80# injectors, and E85. Thank you for convincing me to go big!

I tried having the car tuned by a guy who started making mail tunes his side gig. When I finally got the ECM back the car wouldn't run worth a crap and his responses were coming in as long as three days later. I gave up and called John at Intense.

Now the car runs much better. Granted, it's just a safe tune to get me by until I can get it dynod. However, I can't seem to get into boost like at all. I'm running Autolite 104s gapped at .045" and I plan to take it down to .04" to see if that makes a difference. Any other suggestions?

I have an Aeroforce scan gauge and Torque Pro, but I don't really know how to use them to their fullest potential. All I can see is that I have 0 KR which is great. Is there anything else I should look at?

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
It doesn't even need to get to 0 vacuum before it starts doing it. Right now, I have the 2psi spring in in, but I'm going to put a heavier one in it tonight, because I can hear the gate opening even at idle. lol

Good to know though. Do you think I would be safe going down to .035"? What are the side effects of having too tight of a gap? Thanks

My tuning experiences lately

I'll share my experiences lately.
Several local guys have picked up larger cubic engine BBC. Anything from 496 up to one guys 785 cu in and all of them from one builder and his" cnc" aluminum heads.
Well he sends Autolite plugs and claims "warranty" only if they are used.
And so far I have seen about 40 sets of Autolite plugs that are pure junk. The ONLY way to get any of them of them to work is to take new ones, gap them carefully, then bake them at 400 degrees for about two hours.
Not sure what happens but then we only get about 2 of 8 in a set being useable.
As for ability to make power I still find more and better results with AC Delco, NGK and Denso.
My preference if not using ACs I use NGK.
Also reducing gap from 060 to 050 gains decent power on NA 3800. Then remove .001"-.003" for every lb of boost
We added a pair of 101mm turbos to one 565 and ran it down to .022" .
But that engine eventually got a prototype ignition.
But I'll tell you I've been seeing a LOT of bad Autolite plugs lately. Either failing after bit of running OR dead out of box.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Sorry for the poor focus...

script>

All six looked pretty good.

I put the 8 psi spring in the waste gate and gapped all the plugs to .035" She scoots now! She idles just fine too. Since I noticed some smaller break-ups in certain situations, I might close them up a couple thou later. I don't plan to run boost much higher than I just did for quite a while, so I don't need to go crazy.

Damn, I'm excited! Thanks for the help everyone!

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Sorry for the poor focus...

script>

All six looked pretty good.

I put the 8 psi spring in the waste gate and gapped all the plugs to .035" She scoots now! She idles just fine too. Since I noticed some smaller break-ups in certain situations, I might close them up a couple thou later. I don't plan to run boost much higher than I just did for quite a while, so I don't need to go crazy.

Damn, I'm excited! Thanks for the help everyone!

:fy:

that's awesome, im glad.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info