• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Popping noise from head unit

BigJermGTP

Reaction score
I put in a used head unit in my car recently. The install went fine and hooked up two 12" woofers in back. The radio and cd player sounds excellent.

My only problem is when I switch radio stations or switch between the cd player and the radio, I hear a loud popping noise in the speakers. Its only a real quick pop but its loud and kind of annoying. I dont even like listening to the radio because of it. It also makes the noise once the volume is turned all the way down to zero.

Is it a bad ground?

Thanks for any help

Jeremy

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
bad ground or your rca's are too close to your power whire if they are not sheilded

brett

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Reaction score
Originally posted by 1quick98_gs@Nov 30 2005, 01:32 PM
bad ground or your rca's are too close to your power whire if they are not sheilded

brett
[snapback]105409[/snapback]​
you run rca's and power on sperate side of the car, thats the easy way to elimanate the chance of that, i do all my systems that way

BigJermGTP

Reaction score
[snapback]105409[/snapback]​
[/quote]
you run rca's and power on sperate side of the car, thats the easy way to elimanate the chance of that, i do all my systems that way
[snapback]105468[/snapback]​
[/quote]

They are on different sides of the car, do ya think its the ground for the head unit?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom