Food / Drink The official Popeyes thread

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Tried the Mcdonald's spicy chicken since I was right next to one OTW back to work.

Horrible, worse than everyone else IMO.

giphy.gif

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Building the wall on the wrong border. :s00ls:

It makes you wonder!

No fried chicken in Canada heh??

I guess not. She also was talking about how her friends here were eating cheese curds. And how off putting that was. Yet all she talked anout was Poutine. Which is fries with cheese curds on it. How does that make any sense?!

Sometimes I'm truly amazed that you were qualified and hired to work with literal rocket/quantum scientists... da fuq you think it was gonna be like???

Some of the brightest people I know are also idiots. It's kind of amazing in a great way. :rofl:

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
This is now the second time (in a row) that the chicken has been absolutely trash. First time was insanely dry nuggets and today, it was a hard bunned, stringy chicken sandwich. RIP Popeyes.
I don’t eat much fast food, maybe once every 2 weeks if that. But everywhere I’ve been the last few months has been trash. Understaffed and nobody giving a fuck?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I don’t eat much fast food, maybe once every 2 weeks if that. But everywhere I’ve been the last few months has been trash. Understaffed and nobody giving a fuck?
Thats very likely it.

However, in a weird turn of events, Taco Bell has actually been on point and I've found myself going semi more often compared to maybe a handful of times a year.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
I'm about done with Popeye's. Ordered for delivery about a month ago on their website. Nothing special, just a tenders meal. It was about 2 hours before they closed. They use DoorDash for deliveries. I tracked the order...after a half hour or so a driver was assigned and drove to the restaurant. He sat in the drive through line for 30 minutes before texting me that he was canceling the order because Popeye's couldn't fill the order.

A few days later I still had a craving so I hit the drive through and ordered the same thing. Took it home and about a couple hours later started feeling queasy. Shit my brains out. Next day, same thing. Was actually late for work because I almost shit myself walking out to my car to go to work. Had to run inside all stiff-legged. It was so bad I had to take another shower.

Last night decided to give them one last chance. Ordered the same thing for delivery, again off their website. Over the next 3+ hours my order was assigned to a dozen different drivers, some of them getting assigned my order a few times. Apparently they weren't open, but instead of canceling my order the drivers just kept rejecting it, causing it to be reassigned to someone else. An hour after I ordered, one of the drivers texted me and said they were closed. Again, instead of canceling the order it was just reassigned.

I emailed Popeye's and told them what happened. After 15 minutes I got a reply that my order was still coming, and for my trouble I they were crediting my $3 off my next order. I then received a call from a driver who said they were closed and I needed to cancel the order. There was no way for me to cancel it - I'd already looked.

The order obviously never came. It's partially Door Dash's fault for not canceling the order, but ultimately it falls on Popeye's.

TLDR - Fuck Popeye's.

• Wow
Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

BS ISF

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 24, 2012
WEST BURBS
Last couple sandwiches from popeyes have definitely fallen short. Smaller chicken and not as fresh.

Stopped by Corky's chicken Shack off of Fullerton by the emissions place. Used to only do catering but now has delivery and pickup.

They have a solid spicy chicken sandwich and make sure you order the shack sauce.

Bun was fresh, chicken was juicy with a light batter. Tomato and lettuce were very fresh. Heat was about the same as popeyes.

7.5/10

Deep fried Mac & cheese balls were solid as well.
20220328_112008.jpg

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Last couple sandwiches from popeyes have definitely fallen short. Smaller chicken and not as fresh.

Stopped by Corky's chicken Shack off of Fullerton by the emissions place. Used to only do catering but now has delivery and pickup.

They have a solid spicy chicken sandwich and make sure you order the shack sauce.

Bun was fresh, chicken was juicy with a light batter. Tomato and lettuce were very fresh. Heat was about the same as popeyes.

7.5/10

Deep fried Mac & cheese balls were solid as well.
View attachment 115517
start new thread

• Haha
Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Thread Info