Food / Drink The official Popeyes thread

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
#2 finished. Breast are nice and THICK, and very tender, and juicy.

Are they awe inspiring. No.
Worth the hype, depends how hungry you are.
Best chicken sandwich ever, not sure, definitely top 5, maybe even top 3.

Would get again.

I got to try two side by side. I'm thinking the spicy one is just the regular with different sauce.

It is a really good sandwich, especially for $4.

Chik fil a is good too, but the Popeye's is a better value. I also like how with Chik fil a the spicy one is built into the breading.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
#2 finished. Breast are nice and THICK, and very tender, and juicy.

Are they awe inspiring. No.
Worth the hype, depends how hungry you are.
Best chicken sandwich ever, not sure, definitely top 5, maybe even top 3.

Would get again.
Get them from Hanover? I’m gonna get another once the hype dies down as mine was pretty dry and had been sitting

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
and i should have thought of this while in the drive through. maybe getting the blackened ranch dip cup, and dipping the sandwich.

giphy.gif

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Had this last night, it was really good:

Buffalo Wild Wings - Southern Chicken Sandwich

IPA beer-battered and deep-fried chicken breast topped with Swiss cheese, bacon aioli, Napa slaw, and pickles on a challah bun.

I had their Nashville hot chicken sandwich and thought it was good. It was kinda small though. Or maybe I was just really hungry lol.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Got there a few min after 11AM. 27 people in line. I waited maybe 15 min to get my sandwich. They had a pile of them already made and were selling them as fast as the cashier could check you out. By the time I left the line was more than double the size. It was pretty fucking good. Although mine was cold and overcooked. Crispy and juicy somehow. Would eat again.

This was the downtown location in Ogilville train station.

Reactions: RICH17 and Mook

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Got there a few min after 11AM. 27 people in line. I waited maybe 15 min to get my sandwich. They had a pile of them already made and were selling them as fast as the cashier could check you out. By the time I left the line was more than double the size. It was pretty fucking good. Although mine was cold and overcooked. Crispy and juicy somehow. Would eat again.

This was the downtown location in Ogilville train station.

I was going to stop there last week but decided to try the carne asada from chipotle.

Thread Info