Pontiac SLP Firehawk G8 GT details, pricing released

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score

It seems that no amount of controversy will prevent SLP (Street Legal Performance) from launching its latest Firehawk, this time based on the Pontiac G8 GT. Prior to this model, all previous Firehawk packages were fitted to the Firebird, a fact that has a number of SLP purists rather upset. Before we get to the specifications, perhaps we should remind Firebird fans that it could be worse: At least they didn't choose to revive the Firehawk name on a version of the new Camaro, right?

As for the car, it sounds like a pretty nice package. To the stock V8 engine, SLP adds a supercharger that's similar to the one featured on the jaw-dropping Corvette ZR1, a stainless exhaust system and a cold air induction system. All that's good for an impressive 500 horsepower. Other mods include new 19-inch alloys painted up in gun metal gray and a sport suspension package. The car's most striking design element will surely be the flat black-painted hood, grille surrounds and rear spoiler – an obvious nod to the factory gaudiness of muscle cars from the late '60s and early '70s.

Aside from the Firehawk name, the biggest issue that's likely to inhibit future SLP G8 ownership is surely the price. To the stocker's $32,440 base price, the SLP package adds a substantial $18,995, plus an extra $4,995 for an upgraded brake kit. For that kind of money, buyers could very nearly opt for a Cadillac CTS-V and be rewarded with its amazing supercharged 6.2L V8 engine and 556 horsepower. Still want one? Check back with your favorite local Pontiac dealer on April 1st. No foolin'.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
And I thought the GXP was too pricey

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
tight but too expensive. morons.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
Reaction score
that will still undercut a CTS-V by 10k+ in the real world for pricing... now do you keep the factory warranty?? i'd assume so

they should really offer the kit on the GXP and upgrade the brakes/suspension w/warranty all for mid 50k and have 600+ hp

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Reaction score
that thing is sexy, but i think ud prolly be better off buying a used G8 and doing similar mods

Euro

GM or Nothing
Reaction score
Damn that sounds great, but for that price...ehhhhhhhhhhhh. I think I'll just buy a GXP and go to ebay and put SLP badges on it :iough: j/k

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Donating Member
Reaction score
does anyone know why they put the GT hood on V6 cars? just wondering cause I hate it.

And why not a different hood all together of this car. Not just a paint treatment. GEY

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
that thing is sexy, but i think ud prolly be better off buying a used G8 and doing similar mods
This is a car you buy and dont modify though. Straight from the factory just the way you want it. Beat on it all day, still passes emissions legitimately, and it has a warranty. Its a mid life crisis type of vehicle.

Mickey

Look at those low rates!
Reaction score
does anyone know why they put the GT hood on V6 cars? just wondering cause I hate it.

And why not a different hood all together of this car. Not just a paint treatment. GEY
It usually always comes back to dollars and cents. The cost of manufacturing 1 design over 2.

And that car is nice.

Angel Eyes

Reaction score
This is a car you buy and dont modify though. Straight from the factory just the way you want it. Beat on it all day, still passes emissions legitimately, and it has a warranty. Its a mid life crisis type of vehicle.
exactly, one thing is certain that this car will attract buyers JUST from the above mentioned.

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Reaction score
Mid life crisis, that is all too true

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom