Pontiac Firebirds's have wings, but.....

Riski

Suck my balls!
Jun 23, 2009
North Aurora
but cant fly to well when crashing into concrete:noes::picard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJlmv9r1IKY

BEAVERCREEK — A 19-year-old Mason man driving south on Interstate 675 on Monday morning near the Indian Ripple Road exit crashed his car into an overpass, breaking the car into pieces and shutting down traffic for five hours.

Cruiser cam catches I-675 crash

The driver has been identified as Brennan S. Eden. He was undergoing surgery as of 4 p.m. Monday.

The specific cause of the crash has not yet been determined, but Ohio State Highway Patrol Lt. Marty Fellure said crash investigators are looking into whether speed played a factor. The investigators also will test for alcohol, which is a routine procedure.

Eden was seriously injured and flown to Miami Valley Hospital via a CareFlight helicopter, according to Fellure.

The accident happened about 7:15 a.m. Monday, Aug,. 23. Eden was driving a 1985 Pontiac Firebird south along the highway when the car went left of center and struck a culvert, which launched the car into the air until it struck the Wagner Road overpass. The Firebird disintegrated into many pieces. Eden was ejected and came to rest on the right berm of southbound I-675.

Investigators don’t know how fast Eden was driving but suspect he was traveling in excess of the 65 mph speed limit.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Yeah, kind of looks like he was hauling ass and saw the cop at the last minute, then hit the shoulder to hit the brakes before he ran into them.

More than likely his brakes were doing nothing and hit the grass thinking it would slow him down.

If anyone has been driving a GM car equipped with ABS at a high rate of speed, then hit a slight bump while trying to brake has experienced it. Brakes will totally not function. I was racing a Cobra a few year back on 75th street, and lost my brakes...it was close; as I finally pulled ahead, we were approaching traffic at over a hundo. I hit the brakes right as I was going over the bridge on the DuPage river (nice sharp bump there)...brakes dissappeared. I almost slammed into a car...I went to the shoulder and gunned it to get around the car...barely made it before slamming into the lightpole at Greene Road.

That was the last time I street raced, and was very lucky!

If anyone has a GM ABS equipped car from the '90s through the mid 2000's be aware that a slight bump while braking can cause your brakes to shut off!

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Ron, you're so crazy. Not that it doesn't happen... but I've never personally seen such a thing happen.

My ABS was killed long ago when I put the 9" in the TA... so no worries. The GTP has monster brakes and stops great too... not sure about this slight bump idea.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I would think the bias is controlled mechanically and any of the ABS electronics would not affect it. I've seen people put a switch where the fuse is and control it that way.
I agree just by the fact that everything on these cars are old school with some electronics thrown in. Just going off the few posts I found on nasioc about it; haven't really looked into it too much.

I'm way OT now...oops

Kbrown

Regular
Aug 18, 2009
Huntley, IL
dam.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info