Pontiac and GMC may get ax, you knew this was coming

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
When the president tells you to sharpen your pencil and improve your last-ditch survival effort, it's time to grab the big eraser. According to reports, General Motors may ditch its GMC and Pontiac brands to demonstrate just how serious it is. If the auto lines go, GM would be pared back to Chevrolet, Buick and Cadillac, a mere shadow of its former self, but the nameplates might become more clearly defined with the added breathing room. Ford's got its trifecta of Ford, Mercury and Lincoln, so GM would match that setup should it unload Pontiac and GMC in some way, as well as carry through with its ongoing process of shedding Saturn, Saab and Hummer.

While Pontiac actually has some unique offerings, GMC is rumored to stand a better chance of sticking around. It still wouldn't be cheap to do away with the brands. There are dealers who will not go quietly into the night, meaning GM will be looking at the possibility of finding a buyer for yet another piece of its puzzle. Of course, everyone's keeping mum about the possibility of life without Pontiac or GMC.

PANDA

Reaction score
Its cool, GM will just rebadge the pontiacs that sell good as Chevys.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Reaction score
Yeah really, I don't really see GMC going. If anything, drop Chevy trucks and Keep Chevrolet a strictly car lineup

EmersonHart13

AKA Emerballs & Emerstaxxx
Donating Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, June 1st should be really interesting!

bluzohh6

The system works
Reaction score
finally maybe now they won't bastardize good looking cars to fit corporate branding

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Reaction score
I can't wait for the new malibu, now with body cladding!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom