Polar Vortex Vs Diesel Trucks

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
The PS stuff is what I used and I haven't had a hint of any sort of difficulty, and my garage is outside temp. Should I switch to something better next year anyway though?

I did see an avalanche pulling a big ol 6.7 on my way home yesterday... looked kinda funny.

Because idling doesn't warm the tank.......

Does it not return?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
The PS stuff is what I used and I haven't had a hint of any sort of difficulty, and my garage is outside temp. Should I switch to something better next year anyway though?

I did see an avalanche pulling a big ol 6.7 on my way home yesterday... looked kinda funny.

yuuup.

I only use PS 911 cause thats all that ive seen good from them. and lets face it,its just cause alcohol thats in it. so you could technically toss GAS in your tank and get the same benefit(ive got guys that mix gas in their fuel too). i dont recommend it

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
also @ OP....

I had a side yob customer call and he gelled yesterday after idling his truck all night. he is also a power service believer..... not so much anymore. LMAO.

Well this is driving me crazy!!! Is the Cummins more prone to gelling then others? I have two buddies with Duramax 15'16' and they had no issues. We all had full tanks, from different stations, and used 16oz of PS. Im chalking it up to crappy winterized fuel from gas station. FYI, my truck is still still outside at the dealer and they haven't touched it yet.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Well this is driving me crazy!!! Is the Cummins more prone to gelling then others? I have two buddies with Duramax 15'16' and they had no issues. We all had full tanks, from different stations, and used 16oz of PS. Im chalking it up to crappy winterized fuel from gas station. FYI, my truck is still still outside at the dealer and they haven't touched it yet.

They'll call you Monday when its 50 and dethawed itself.

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
It didn't get as cold here as it did for you guys. Temps reached about -15. Windchill was maybe -25.

I use optilube winter this time of the year. -20 protection on the normal treatment, and -50 on a double dose.

Lots of people gel up with power service or howes, so I stay away from those.

I also ran stanadyne last winter without problems, but it didn't get as cold last year.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI

I don't even know what truck you have, so what year?

Do those guys have any lift pumps? Like FASS fuel system or no?

I don't question duramaxs much, they just..... Work. Dmax basically has miles of fuel lines right on the engine. That heat transfer helps a fuck ton. CUMMINGGGGS has one fuel line that basically runs from tank to filter, sticking way out in the open.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Yup, just don't drive it for a couple days and you are good.

I think that is the [MENTION=410]Bruce Jibboo[/MENTION] method?

Heck that is what we are doing with the Colorado, its hanging in the heated garage living that bradozer lifestyle. The volt has been in the driveway getting the cold as fuck start every morning and night.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info