Movie Polar [Netflix Movie]

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
John Wick ripoff (tho it's based on a graphic novel). Dialog seems horrible at least based on the trailer... But I'll definitely check this out.

https://youtu.be/oMHwRal-AR8

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Watching meow. Will report back.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Ok, I'll get the negatives out of the way. And I actually use negative loosely.

There is JUST enough plot to make a movie. The story is thin but you get the idea of whats going on and you can piece together everything yourself.

Winnick, while hot, cannot act and should stop being in things unless she is doing action scenes (she did zero in this movie).

Ok, negatives out of the way. This was actually really enjoyable movie. I mean it was fucking weird at times but it was solid. Great pacing, I was never bored.

The action was BRUTAL at times...like cringe brutal. Mikkelsen has a tremendous onscreen presence. I'd love to see him in more action roles.

Also, soundtrack was awesome and that was because it was done by Deadmau5.

AND, it leaves a huge door open for a sequel....like, gaping.

I recommend checking this out.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Oh! I totally got the twist wrong....which was a bit surprising to me because I'm fairly good at ruining movies for myself by jumping ahead and trying to figure out the endgame.

Pro Stock John

older than marty
Reaction score
I liked it...

I get the John Wick reference, but I would say it's more like a gory Guy Ritchie movie.

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
I saw this recommended on another site as well. Yet on Rotten Tomatoes it only has a 21% so I didn't give the recommendation too much credit. But seems it is worth watching.

Chris91LX

Reaction score
It was OK. Sort of old school with how he's so invincible and everyone waits around for him to kill them.

Dan00Hawk

Reaction score
I was entertained, despite a mortal being apparently impossible to kill. And somehow criminal masterminds always end up hiring guards/goons that have terrible reflexes, wait 20 seconds to react, or decide that despite having a gun, they will not use a gun and then get it taken and killed. :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom