Wheaton, Illinois

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I don’t like the color, but everything else about the car I dig. If I had the cash to spare I’d probably even overlook the color.

I don’t know a damn thing about a SLP bumper though. The only difference I saw is that it looks like the plate cover was filled in and it’s once solid piece and not something that can be removed.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
I had a 98’ Daytona gtp in that same color . Oh the memories.

I don’t remember a slp front bumper as an option to buy. SLP had very little for W body cars back in 97-04 to order. If they did have anything I would have bought or known as i working for a Pontiac dealer in the parts department at time.

Reactions: Fish

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I really like this and really want it lol. Take off those stupid ass stickers, slap some 22’s on it and drive it. I had that same hood on mine. My GTP is truly one of the cars I miss. You guys would have hated it though. Had 22’s and sounds you can hear from blocks away lol. Originally I had stick on hood scoops painted to match. Then eventually bought the ram air hood.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
I agree with Shawn on missing that one car, my 98’ gtp is and was one of favorite cars that I have owned I’ve the years, just a fun car that threw everyone off on the performance / fun factor and the interior comfort it had. Best part was working for Pontiac at the time and all the warranty repairs I was able to get covered and parts to replaced / stock piled for later repairs.

I remember talking with Ram Air Tech on a cold air kit, pulley swap etc, and ordering the SLP exhaust.

Had the techs at my dealer do the install all were laughing saying it was a waste to do, they did the installs and the techs were more excited to drive the car then I was.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Looking at the bumper that on the car, it does have different grille inserts then what is oe, allmost like a scoop set up. That looks to be the slp cover.
Iirc SLP didn’t do grills. Plus the grills on the car are on the stock bumper. I’m guessing the bumper off the car is the “SLP bumper”. Which to me looks exactly the same minus the spot for the front license plate.

Shawn1112 Shawn1112 we had a guy in ILGPC with a Red GTP who has the Lund scoops. He had them blended into the stock hood and painted. It actually looked good IMO. Cool dude too. I think his name was Lee?

Reactions: frank

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Iirc SLP didn’t do grills. Plus the grills on the car are on the stock bumper. I’m guessing the bumper off the car is the “SLP bumper”. Which to me looks exactly the same minus the spot for the front license plate.

Shawn1112 Shawn1112 we had a guy in ILGPC with a Red GTP who has the Lund scoops. He had them blended into the stock hood and painted. It actually looked good IMO. Cool dude too. I think his name was Lee?
That’s exactly what I had and did.

Reactions: Fish

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I kinda wish I kept my GP. Even though it was a GT it was fully optioned out. Either a top swap or a turbo kit would have made me enjoy it more.

Also bought a red fire F1 hood but never had it painted and ended up selling it.

smug smug you still ever see it around? I’ll grill some good burgers for it back. ??

Reactions: frank

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
This guy's in one of the FWD GM groups I'm in on FB. Very nice car, he has a white 4 door GTP that he was selling a couple weeks back too that was his wife's car. Super nice 70k mile white sedan ?

Also, there was never an SLP front bumper. The extra front bumper he shows a picture of just looks like it has the SD air dam molded into a regular bumper. The bumper on the car currently has those dumb GPO grille inserts, but that's all.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info