Plum crazy redeye or demon?

01Cobra

Johnny Cobra
May 3, 2006
Vid was weak as it was the first run and I think he didn’t realize my power level. He didn’t hit it right away but never caught up. Last run was the best plenty of room. Powershifted 3-4 and didn’t lift until redline and had a lil over a car. Pretty sure I’d have my hands full launching and rowing gears at the strip against one. Cool dude - gave him a thumbs up. They are mean looking cars with the Widebody.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Where the hell do you cruise to find all these awesome street races you're telling me about?!?! I took my car out for a bit yesterday to burn off the rest of the 93 in the tank and all I ran into was a clapped 300C on dubs that wanted a piece and some yuppy in a 535 bmw that tried to hit it from behind me to do a flyby...lol

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Where the hell do you cruise to find all these awesome street races you're telling me about?!?! I took my car out for a bit yesterday to burn off the rest of the 93 in the tank and all I ran into was a clapped 300C on dubs that wanted a piece and some yuppy in a 535 bmw that tried to hit it from behind me to do a flyby...lol

When I had my HC it was the same shit. Once in a great while I would run in to something worth my time and gas.

01Cobra

Johnny Cobra
May 3, 2006

I was hunted by the cat. Going to log some time at GLD soon. Have yet to see what it can do. Not going to go crazy on the tire maybe just some Toyo TQs.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city

Don’t feel bad I get no one that wants to race me lol, once a gt500 and once a Lexus that’s in 3 years lol

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
When I had my HC it was the same shit. Once in a great while I would run in to something worth my time and gas.

Don’t feel bad I get no one that wants to race me lol, once a gt500 and once a Lexus that’s in 3 years lol
Haha yea I'm still on the drag wheel setup until I finish datalogging so I bet people think my car is serious...lol
I was hunted by the cat. Going to log some time at GLD soon. Have yet to see what it can do. Not going to go crazy on the tire maybe just some Toyo TQs.

I don't think they're gonna be enough tire man. I thought my ET Street R's were awesome, but even they are spinning in 2nd gear. There's a nice fresh concrete road where I do all my 2nd gear datalogs and the car hooks awesome on that road, but on other roads the traction light is flashing at me.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Haha yea I'm still on the drag wheel setup until I finish datalogging so I bet people think my car is serious...lol

I don't think they're gonna be enough tire man. I thought my ET Street R's were awesome, but even they are spinning in 2nd gear. There's a nice fresh concrete road where I do all my 2nd gear datalogs and the car hooks awesome on that road, but on other roads the traction light is flashing at me.

I realized the other day how much power advance track kills, driving my car around I got down on it a few times just keep thinking something was wrong with the car, man this thing just feels like a turd today, traction control was on lol, first thing I do is turn it off when I start the car every time, I probably wouldn’t if it was a manual though I can lightly leave black marks from a 25 roll on concrete I’m first if it’s warm out, I think having 28’s helps a lot

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
I realized the other day how much power advance track kills, driving my car around I got down on it a few times just keep thinking something was wrong with the car, man this thing just feels like a turd today, traction control was on lol, first thing I do is turn it off when I start the car every time, I probably wouldn’t if it was a manual though I can lightly leave black marks from a 25 roll on concrete I’m first if it’s warm out, I think having 28’s helps a lot

I haven't been too eager to turn the advance trac all the way off because I don't want to end up on the internet...lol

I usually just put it in sport mode and toggle the first stage of traction control off. I figure if it gets too out of hand the advance trac will save me and it did last year big time fucking around with a rocket on the highway. Did a 2nd gear pull and of course spun through, but when I hit 3rd the car got out of hand and started to go sideways. I believe having the advance trac still on saved my ass on that one!

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Every now-and-then, I turn it off. It just makes the car more unpredictable at lower speed rolls. It gets better when the roads warm up. But in general, I like to keep the rear end planted as much as possible.

The first time I tried driving without it, it was quite the shocker. As others said, it pulls some power.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I haven't been too eager to turn the advance trac all the way off because I don't want to end up on the internet...lol

I usually just put it in sport mode and toggle the first stage of traction control off. I figure if it gets too out of hand the advance trac will save me and it did last year big time fucking around with a rocket on the highway. Did a 2nd gear pull and of course spun through, but when I hit 3rd the car got out of hand and started to go sideways. I believe having the advance trac still on saved my ass on that one!

Especially since you have a stick car. Any time you push that clutch in and out it "upsets" the suspension.

And I don't think you can turn Advance Trac off completely like you can in the 2011-14 cars. Which is probably a good idea for manufacturers to have some assistance there.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
You guys leave traction control on? :ugh:

mook gonna show us all how it is done. Four wheel drifts coming soo to a parking lot meet near you! :rofl:

Seeing as new cars seem to have levels or stability control you can get away with it. Some cars will allow you to drift with a pretty severe steering angle before it steps in.

And like I just posted, some will not turn the traction control all the way off.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Just saying....you're really gimping the power imo....

I'm not going to call myself the best driver but the Cobra, Supra and Evo all had that shit turned off. The Supra could get especially scary at highway speeds when you would load everything up for full boosties. I could watch the back end start to do this

giphy.gif

And then it was basically a guess as to whether it was going to violently downshift or stay in gear and lag until it rocketshipped.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
In my car, with the Sport mode on, going straight I can still spin and have no power cuts. It will allow me to drift and still not cut power. But if it goes too far, it will step in, cut power, apply brakes on whichever corner needs it and so on. So I am fine with that as if it save the car/me, worth it.

I mean what is the worst that happens? I lose a pull against someone? Better than being a star in someone's Youtube video crashing. haha

also, due to my cars rear engine configuration you can't completely turn the stability management off. So I can't be a bad ass even if I wanted to. :cry:

Thread Info