Feb 19, 2005
I do have a woody for this color plum crazy and Octane Red

e23870caaa85b4ef11165ba4acdacbf9.jpg

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Just saying....you're really gimping the power imo....

I'm not going to call myself the best driver but the Cobra, Supra and Evo all had that shit turned off. The Supra could get especially scary at highway speeds when you would load everything up for full boosties. I could watch the back end start to do this

giphy.gif

And then it was basically a guess as to whether it was going to violently downshift or stay in gear and lag until it rocketshipped.

My car skates like that but it’s predictable, even sport mode I feels ruins the experience in my car all off or nothing

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
I drove a rental scat pack and that in track mode I found to be kind of useless on factory tires let alone an hcat.

I keep trying to run one for that very reason. I can pull 1.7 60's on my all-season radials all day long. One of these days....there's a few in my area, just haven't got the timing right when I'm out trolling

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Especially since you have a stick car. Any time you push that clutch in and out it "upsets" the suspension.

And I don't think you can turn Advance Trac off completely like you can in the 2011-14 cars. Which is probably a good idea for manufacturers to have some assistance there.
You can turn it off on the S550. It's a little tricky but it can be turned off. I feel even with the traction off and Advance traction on, the car will let you get a little crazy before it steps in. I'm all for having fun and getting the most out of my car, but things can get out of hand quickly with a lot of horsepower in a stick car...
Everyone but [MENTION=11785]98GrandPrixIraqVet[/MENTION]

Lmao!

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
You can turn it off on the S550. It's a little tricky but it can be turned off. I feel even with the traction off and Advance traction on, the car will let you get a little crazy before it steps in. I'm all for having fun and getting the most out of my car, but things can get out of hand quickly with a lot of horsepower in a stick car...

Nope. Advance Trac off there are still nannies. That is why tuners can't offer a "drag" tune like the 2011-14 cars. Where all the nannies are off in the tune.

But don't worry, even with the nannies people can still crash their stock S550 with ease. lol

I agree, traction control off and Advance Trac on still let's you have a lot of fun in a straight line. Advance Trac off is only needed when you plan to be drifting the car sideways around corners or if on a road course.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Nope. Advance Trac off there are still nannies. That is why tuners can't offer a "drag" tune like the 2011-14 cars. Where all the nannies are off in the tune.

But don't worry, even with the nannies people can still crash their stock S550 with ease. lol

I agree, traction control off and Advance Trac on still let's you have a lot of fun in a straight line. Advance Trac off is only needed when you plan to be drifting the car sideways around corners or if on a road course.

What nannies are there with advance trac off? With it off, the car will let you spin the tires and car in circles to your hearts desire.

Thread Info