• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Plug Wires ..

burtgtp1973

Reaction score
what is the going thing right now for wires .. i read stockers are just fine but whats everyone running with ? iam looking at getting new ones but not sure where to start ?

if you seen what i was using right now you would fall over laughing . Alex and a few others have seen and its been this way for a while now :ph34r:

jk99gtp

Reaction score
If you have a Murrays out by you, stockers run about 45-50$ + Tax.

About the equivalent $$$ of running Autozone's finest :lolsign:

burtgtp1973

Reaction score
Thanks for the response .. but i was more interested inwhat the general sensus is on stock VS aftermarket wires .. is there gains to be had or paying for a name ?

jk99gtp

Reaction score
Originally posted by burtgtp1973@Jan 23 2005, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the response .. but i was more interested inwhat the general sensus is on stock VS aftermarket  wires .. is there gains to be had or paying for a name ?
[snapback]68627[/snapback]​
As far as I know, stockers run just fine.

Quoted from ZZP's Website:

Aftermarket Plug wires
Unless you have a problem with your stock wires, don't buy aftermarket ones. In our experience of working on GPs the failure rate of aftermarket wires is over 10 times that of stock wires. GM puts everything they have into making cars get the best mileage they can with the least amount of problems. A poor ignition system would increase emissions, which GM couldn't afford. This means plug wires from the factory are designed for high spark, low radio noise and excellent performance. All of the ZZP cars run stock wires.
http://www.zzperformance.com/zzp/info/bad_mods.htm

Now if you plan on changing your plugs every 6 months, then I would probably suggest aftermarket wires like PRJ's. Since there is less of a chance of destroying a wire when replacing them over, and over...

Good luck.

burtgtp1973

Reaction score
As far as I know, stockers run just fine.

Quoted from ZZP's Website:

Aftermarket Plug wires
Unless you have a problem with your stock wires, don't buy aftermarket ones. In our experience of working on GPs the failure rate of aftermarket wires is over 10 times that of stock wires. GM puts everything they have into making cars get the best mileage they can with the least amount of problems. A poor ignition system would increase emissions, which GM couldn't afford. This means plug wires from the factory are designed for high spark, low radio noise and excellent performance. All of the ZZP cars run stock wires.
http://www.zzperformance.com/zzp/info/bad_mods.htm
[snapback]68628[/snapback]​
[/quote]

OK ... JK99GTP which wires are you running and what are your mods ?

and which plugs ?

jk99gtp

Reaction score
3" pulley, ZZP Stage 2 IC, Gen 3 1.9 Rockers, RT/DP, Ported Manifolds, and DHP w/adjustable timing.

Stock wires and Autolite 103's gapped at .050"

:)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom