please tell me they do this in chitown!

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I like how you're still trying to defend your actions from this week :bowrofl:

What's even better is that YES, doing 200mph in the middle of no where IS still safer than flinging hunks of metal and rubber at a crowd of people.

ONLY people at risk of being injured when doing 200mph in a Lambo is the driver and cars near him (which choose to be near him). Darwinism.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
is a highway public?

It is classified differently. Everything is 'public', but:

areas AND laws apply differently if you are in an Residential/Commercial/Industrial area.

EX: all unmarked residential areas are 25mph, All unmarked 'county roads' are 55mph, it is handled/view differently.

If you get ticketed doing 90 on a highway, it's speeding. If you get ticketed doing 90 in a neighborhood, it's Wreckless Endangerment AND speeding.

The point is that when I have put my cars through their paces, I do not do it where it puts others in danger.

Do I know my old Mustang can hit 136? Yes. If I lost a tire while I was doing it, would I have risked killing someone? No.

clint282cc

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2011
I wasn't defending myself at all. There was still people on those PUBLIC roads and it was still dangerous at 200 miles and hour. You catch up to 65mph traffic PRETTY quick going 200, even if your spinning out of control... What im trying to say is the driver wasnt the only one in danger.

I haven't tried to defend myself once. I said it was dumb and a mistake... I don't get how you all think I commited a hate crime and I'm trying to justify it. Jeezzzzuuuusss

Although I agree with you the timing and the tone of the post doesn't make the OP look good. A simple "check this out" post would be better than "I love to drive like an asshole" post.

Soooo your saying those drivers were driving like assholes? I think the video is awesome how professional they all are and these are the kind of guys who meet up in a parking lot, then say they don't want to cruise because their rear tires are rubbing.... Wtf? These guys know how to have fun. That's the largest group of cars "in that caliber of HP" I've seen. It was just awesome.

I'm starting to get sick of the haters on here. I never defended what I did and I never said it was right. I won't do it again. But that's doesn't mean I'm ganna be a bitch like most of the haters and not do burnouts.

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
What is this tx2k12??? I can see the obvious... But what's the story with these guys?

its the superbowl of street racing and high powered cars. an annual event held down in texas for roughly the past decade or so. originated as a Supra meet, but has developed into much more. They hold a road course day, a dyno day, a 60-130/drag racing day, and other similar events. Of course the heavy hitters from all over the nation come out and the street racing usually gets the most attention.
theres an active thread going right now.
http://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58638

and heres the thread from last year with tons of pics/vids
http://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50328

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info