Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
EiG80N2XYAE0_w2.jpeg.jpg

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
This preorder launch was a complete and utter shitshow. I really don't think it could have gone any worse for sony. I consider myself extremely lucky to have snagged one. Usually that luck doesnt go my way.
I agree. They initially stated that there would be ample time before announcing pricing and Pre-orders. Then their event happened and "it'll be as soon as tomorrow at select retailers...". Next thing you know, about an hour later it's being released for Pre-orders. I was lucky to have grabbed one as well and it had to be a bundle.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I dont care much about many of the accessories at this point, but I think I kinda would like to snag the pulse 3D headset. Amazon and best buy are currently a no go, but looks like Target is allowing orders. Think i'll see how it plays out tho, its not a must have for me. Dont think i need the hd camera either unless its somehow needed to tie into PSVR

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
And its starting already. Got this message from Amazon today

We're contacting you about your order of PlayStation 5 Console (B08FC5L3RG) to let you know in advance that you may not receive this item on the day it is released due to high demand. We’ll make every effort to get the item to you as soon as possible once released.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Well that was neat. It's nice to see you don't have to COMPLETELY disassemble the whole console if you need to replace the bluray drive, unlike the PS4. Also that heatsink is huuuuuuuuuuge compared to the ps4 :LOL: They really did put a lot of effort in the cooling of this thing. I hope it pays off. And the M.2 expansion is so damn easy to access. But sony's always been good about making expandable storage easy to access

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I thought the UI was going to look great but as they kept going, it looks super busy and forces a ridiculous amount of jumping around....and ya, they continue to SUCK with parties and friends lists....and then they had the whole "oh hey, members can now record chats and report you", which they already seem to be backtracking on.

Just a lot of weird decisions.

Reactions: FESTER665

Thread Info