plasti-dip works like a charm

Slolane

Who's The Masta!?!
Reaction score
anyone ever try this stuff??

great product to use if you wanna paint a part of your car but nervous about ruining the paint job..

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f75/how-evo-bumper-mod-plasti-dip-585678/

http://www.jdmchicago.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12056&highlight=plasti-dip

i always wanted to paint the lower fascia of the rear bumper but i was iffy about it being permanent than i heard of this stuff and tried it out

first try i put on 3 coats but waited too long to rip off the pinstrip and it stuck a tad to the pinstripe maken it peel off a bit so i ripped it off and redid it. 2nd shot i put on heavy coats right after another till the section was fully painted than immediately ripped off the pinstripe and it came out perfect

first shot..you can see along the right side where it peeled off a bit

the heavier the coat the easier it was to peel off..underneath was a bitch because it was a lighter coat due to being hard points to get too(had to rub off with fingers)

finished product

Riski

Suck my balls!
Reaction score
looks good.....painted black rear bumpers always look good on the vette......My brothers vette has a overlay on it......so he didnt have to paint the car.....

Importsnrice

The tech kid!!
Reaction score
8 Dollar mod FTW!

Final Product:

First time we did it, it came out shitty so we had to re-do it. It came off pretty easy except for the parts that had thin coats on them. If you're gonna do this, make sure to use THICK COATS! Or else face the finger burning you're gonna get from rubbing that shit off:

Looks like a hefty condom:

It came out Z O SICKK though. I'd recommend this DIY to anyone who want's to black something out whether it be wheels or a bumper. Hell, I'd even do it before a long roadtrip to my front bumper to keep roadchips away. Masking tape works too but looks gay.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
It'll probably come off. Seems to happen alot on nasioc. Someone will post how awesome it worked then a few weeks go by and they say it came off.

Importsnrice

The tech kid!!
Reaction score
I don't think it would come off on the back of the car, but we'll have to wait and see. Worse comes to worse just peel it all off and you're back to being regular ol' Z O sickk!

Ron Vogel

Reaction score
Only problem with that stuff is it fades fast...you WILL be redo'ing it next season.

I use the actual dip for it's intended purpose...it's way better than the spray, but yeah; obviously you can't dip that piece.

On an unrelated note, many years ago I thought "tool-dip" could be the condoms of the future...wouldn't even have to change the name...lol

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
:rofl:

It works great for it's intended purpose but the dip dries out quickly so I wait till I've got a few tools to do.

Also works for waterproofing servos for rc cars!

Importsnrice

The tech kid!!
Reaction score
S'more pics

Supra's wheels

This is before the Vago's meet. It took me literally 5 minutes to take the paint off all 4 wheels and it was back to normal for the meet.

Hehehehe :)

Stink Star Productions

Don’t Drive Angry!
Reaction score
We de-chromed my GF's mini Cooper S with that stuff.... Works awesome! So what if you have to redo it? It's cheap as hell and easy to apply

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom