🚘 Automotive Place where I'm putting rando classified adds

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
You're not wrong but the build seems haphazard. Big blower but only 80# injectors and dual 340's. Solid axle but only 31 spline axles. Twin disc clutch but stock t56.

I thought about parting it out but getting rid of a salvage shell or roller for any kind of money is a pain I dont want to fuck with.
I have a buddy that can get it fixed and running for about 4k but I also dont see it bringing more than 18 or 20 and selling it will be a pain in the ass with the prior salvage.
Change my mind, I'd love to buzz over and grab it tomorrow...
You realize it’s in Denver right?

• Haha
Reactions: DEEZUZ

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
You realize it’s in Denver right?
Yeah, I've done Denver and back in a long day. I'm in Iowa so it's about 5 hours less for me than most of you guys.

This is terrible information to know..... :ROFLMAO:

Joel please don't post any rust free broken diesels anymore..

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
You're not wrong but the build seems haphazard. Big blower but only 80# injectors and dual 340's. Solid axle but only 31 spline axles. Twin disc clutch but stock t56.

I thought about parting it out but getting rid of a salvage shell or roller for any kind of money is a pain I dont want to fuck with.
I have a buddy that can get it fixed and running for about 4k but I also dont see it bringing more than 18 or 20 and selling it will be a pain in the ass with the prior salvage.

To me a lot of that really dates the build as much as anything. Stuff has gotten better since then.

Reactions: IZZy and Jon01

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007

sounds like a late 2000’s build, that’s the kind of parts we used back then, iirc 80lbs’ers were good to 800hp having the right pumps obviously.

given the salvage title this would only be good for a part out, selling it would be a pain in the ass and not worth the time, money and effort.

Reactions: Jon01

Mr_Roboto

TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
sounds like a late 2000’s build, that’s the kind of parts we used back then, iirc 80lbs’ers were good to 800hp having the right pumps obviously.

given the salvage title this would only be good for a part out, selling it would be a pain in the ass and not worth the time, money and effort.

Agreed on the selling part unless you were looking to just have a car to fuck around with and keep. If you wanted say a track Cobra this would be a good start even with the older combo. As you said the 80s were good to the power most people were making as E85 hadn't taken everyone by storm so most people were running gasoline and maybe a form of methanol injection.

Reactions: Jon01 and IZZy

Mr_Roboto

TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
For half the price of a stock cobra, still seems like a steal. All those mods on a clean title cobra would hurt value anyways.

There is that, I wouldn't be surprised if the Terminator market turned largely into "saving the pussy for the next guy" so to put it. Kind of like MKIV Supras and the money they go for these days. Then again even the modded ones seem to be bank.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
1606095581722.png

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Thread Info