🔧 BUILD PJ’s bad idea - notch edition

General Information

Figured I might as will document this train wreck. I bought this car a long time ago as an unfinished project and parted it out. Sold the caged shell to a buddy who needed a replacement. He ended up getting out of racing and it sat for a few years. Well he made me an offer I couldn’t refuse… so it’s back

Intentions are to fix some things I don’t like, finish some things and make it a nice complete roller. At that point I will see if I can sell it quick for a little profit, otherwise I have an LS and th400 to put in it for the spring

Some details:
- Certified 25.3 chromoly cage (good for 6.50 in the 1/4 at 3600#)
- fiberglass front clip, doors, trunk
- TeamZ front suspension
- Strange brakes

IMG_8550.jpg

IMG_8650.jpg

IMG_8369.jpg

PJx5x

TCG Elite Member
Sep 29, 2005
Villa Park

PJx5x

TCG Elite Member
Sep 29, 2005
Villa Park
Yeah thats the money shot....
so did ya look up her skirt enough to see whether it was ball screw converted or still has the lead screws?

How's the table/saddle wear?

I can't wait for that nice white wall to have several horizontal oil n chip stains.
X and Z are ball screws. Assume Y is too

I know nothing about wear but the oil grooves on the ways are still there. And nothing seems loose 🤷🏾

RIP wall. I think I’m going to try spraying alcohol through a fog buster for aluminum

PJx5x

TCG Elite Member
Sep 29, 2005
Villa Park
What intake is that your running?
LS3 proflo

Looks like an Edelbrock ProFlo.

PJ you doing any sidework or are you 100% on the car? Guessing you need to have it running by end of April to have enough time to get some miles on it. No pressure of course.
I don’t have room for any cars. Small bench top projects maybe

Goal is to have car running for when the weather breaks

Thread Info