đź“Š Poll Pizza Hut or LC?

Who shall be dubbed King of the poverty pizza?

• Little Caesars

Votes: 51 71.8%
  • Pizza Hut

Votes: 20 28.2%

• Total voters

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Oh I dont agree with the image, just thought it was humorous.
1603389298396.gif

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
Who here remembers Caesar’s land? It was little Caesar’s version of Chuck E. Cheese / Showbiz pizza.

I remember going to Showbiz by Randhurst as a kid. Mid-80s. Damn, I forgot about that place. And Child World (ToysRUs competitor)

As far as pizza, definitely LC for me.

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
I like Papa Johns but dont get it often because its pricey.

When I was in the military stationed in Biloxi, the local Papa John's had a special of a large one-topping, cheese sticks and 2-liter for like $10. Had it multiple times a week even though the chow hall was 100 yards from my dorm with free food. LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
LC is good cheap pizza, and we had it this week. but the hut would be my choice for go to for big chain pizza. Domino's is dead last, got burnt out on it working for the supply chain for 6 years, making the dough.

Sir Nicks is my go to for local pizza, then Lou's.
Ever try V&V in Bartlett? Sir Nicks used to be our favorite until we had V&V
Yes they did! Was the best place ever! Only one I knew of was the hardwood heights location on foster and Harlem .
Used to ditch school and go there. Would walk in with some random adults and their kids like we were with them lol
Never smoked a thing in my life. Lou's is garbage. It is the McDonalds of Chicago style pizza. There is nothing "local" about Lou's. They are everywhere. I've had Lou's every which way possible, trying to figure out why people hype it so much. Still can't figure it out.
Lou's is the best for deep dish, I would put (original) Nancy's and Ricobene's deep dish as a 1b and 1C
Yes they have opened everywhere, wouldnt you if it was a huge money maker?

Reactions: boostedguy05

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Lou's is the best for deep dish, I would put (original) Nancy's and Ricobene's deep dish as a 1b and 1C

Nancy's is stuffed, which is totally different than Deep Dish and really not comparable IMO. Well, yeah of course I'd get on the money making train. That wasn't the point. The point was that they are definitely not a "local pizza joint". They are the vanilla flavoring of deep dish. Sure, it's still deep dish, and sure it still is better than just about every non-Chicago pizza, but there are soooooo many better options out there. I would rather have almost any other deep dish given the choice.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Nancy's is stuffed, which is totally different than Deep Dish and really not comparable IMO. Well, yeah of course I'd get on the money making train. That wasn't the point. The point was that they are definitely not a "local pizza joint". They are the vanilla flavoring of deep dish. Sure, it's still deep dish, and sure it still is better than just about every non-Chicago pizza, but there are soooooo many better options out there. I would rather have almost any other deep dish given the choice.
I know the difference between stuffed and deep dish, not really a fan of stuffed.
Different Nancy's, not that chain place thats around everywhere. They might not even be open anymore, was a little whole in the wall in the city.
Who do you like better for deep dish, I wouldnt mind trying them. I hate Giordonos so please dont mention that one

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I know the difference between stuffed and deep dish, not really a fan of stuffed.
Different Nancy's, not that chain place thats around everywhere. They might not even be open anymore, was a little whole in the wall in the city.
Who do you like better for deep dish, I wouldnt mind trying them. I hate Giordonos so please dont mention that one
The Nancy's that I've had was a hole in the wall that wasn't the same as the chain (but I think is loosely associated?) and it was on Broadway just north of Diversey.

My favorite deep dish in the city is Pequod's and its really not even close. So many places try to copy Lou's and do a shitty job. I had tried like 10 different deep dish in Irving Park and none of them really wowed me. Chicagos Pizza was decent, but I had the stuffed. Tanos was good. In the burbs, Morettis is pretty good.

Giordanos is stuffed too so if you don't like stuffed that would make sense.

Reactions: Shawn1112

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Lou’s is good due to the buttery crust and it not being too thick of a crust say like giordano’s, which is also a good deep dish pizza. Ginos has always been a pizza I could do with out. Both Lou’s and gino’s have some weird thinking that when you order sausage pizza it needs to be in the form of a patty, which kills the pizza experience, I know you can order it a diffenrt way but for non locals what buzz kill.

was training with someone as he was with me in the Chicago land area we talked on pizza, he said he had the best pizza ever and no one can match it, and asked if I have ever had it or heard of it which I did not as it was from a gas station chain in Iowa! he raved how good it was and it was better then anything in Chicago. Lol

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
The Nancy's that I've had was a hole in the wall that wasn't the same as the chain (but I think is loosely associated?) and it was on Broadway just north of Diversey.

My favorite deep dish in the city is Pequod's and its really not even close. So many places try to copy Lou's and do a shitty job. I had tried like 10 different deep dish in Irving Park and none of them really wowed me. Chicagos Pizza was decent, but I had the stuffed. Tanos was good. In the burbs, Morettis is pretty good.

Giordanos is stuffed too so if you don't like stuffed that would make sense.
Nancy's I spoke of was near Lincoln and Berteau area. My Dad lived a block away many years ago, I'd have to ask him.
Yes, Pequods is the one I need to try, have heard nothing but good things. I'm almost 100% sure I had their thin crust at a party years ago.
I'm sure you have had Pizano's, they are related to Lou's in some form.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Lou’s is good due to the buttery crust and it not being too thick of a crust say like giordano’s, which is also a good deep dish pizza. Ginos has always been a pizza I could do with out. Both Lou’s and gino’s have some weird thinking that when you order sausage pizza it needs to be in the form of a patty, which kills the pizza experience, I know you can order it a diffenrt way but for non locals what buzz kill.

was training with someone as he was with me in the Chicago land area we talked on pizza, he said he had the best pizza ever and no one can match it, and asked if I have ever had it or heard of it which I did not as it was from a gas station chain in Iowa! he raved how good it was and it was better then anything in Chicago. Lol
Yeah, I get sausage chunks on my pie from Lou's

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Nancy's I spoke of was near Lincoln and Berteau area. My Dad lived a block away many years ago, I'd have to ask him.
Yes, Pequods is the one I need to try, have heard nothing but good things. I'm almost 100% sure I had their thin crust at a party years ago.
I'm sure you have had Pizano's, they are related to Lou's in some form.
Surprisingly I haven't had Pizanos. I've been meaning to try it just haven't gotten around to it.

Pequod's is one of those places where I'm not even sure why they have a thin crust option. I've never had it there, but it's really hard to make a Chicago thin really stand out.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Ever try V&V in Bartlett? Sir Nicks used to be our favorite until we had V&V

Used to ditch school and go there. Would walk in with some random adults and their kids like we were with them lol

We do enjoy those frozen Gino's East stuffed pie 's
Really delicious especially for
$5.99 @Aldi

giphy.gif

Thread Info