Pit Bulls need good home

I figured I would start here before I post on a rescue board.

[MENTION=126]Dasfinc[/MENTION] and I are house sitting for a family member who has two dogs. Over the past couple of days we have decided that the dogs are not in a safe or dog friendly environment and they are in need of a new forever home. Unfortunately Das and I are unable to take them in due to our living situation. (Lease - No dogs) Fenced in yard is a must, and they should be kept together.

Das: My father has made clear that he needs/wants to get rid of Mr. Pink at the very least. I've made clear that I'd see about finding a new home for them.
He is IMPOSSIBLY lazy, and has had no motivation to do so himself.He can barely afford to feed them, and the house is becoming flat-out disgusting, bordering to a point where it should be condemned.
Seeing where everything is at over there with him out of town, we are taking over the efforts of adopting them out since he won't. If there were papers for proof of ownership etc, I'm sure they've long since been destroyed or lost. Of course we will not be adopting them out with him out of town, and he will have to be the one saying goodbye.

45270_223049017848657_837214990_n_zps0dab843c.jpg

Mr. Pink
Female
Rescued many years ago as a puppy, (3/4 years old?), Total bundle of energy, extremely loving/sweet, and good with other dogs. Loves to play, and loves being given affection, craves it like crazy.
Unfortunately she is commonly crated up where she currently lives because she gets bored when left alone, and chews on things when bored.

8935_1175343155484_1220624_n_zps54899d04.jpg

Willy
Male
Rescued many years ago from abusive home, 6/7 years old? Still a bit skittish around slamming doors or big sudden movements (will cower, not hostile).
Not food aggressive, and is from a multi dog home, Originally wasn’t big into play with other dogs (would subdue the puppy he has lived with for the past 3 years), but has more or less ‘come around’ and will run around with the other dog in the back yard. Still not big into playing, but a total sweetheart and passive dog. SUPER food motivated. Knows sit, down, up, paw, and roll over.

15362_1220014392237_4524743_n_zps97929f4a.jpg

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Not trying to start trouble....but you are house sitting and are now offering up the dogs to a new home without the owners permission? I think before ANYONE expresses interest, the situation should be made clear.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Not trying to start trouble....but you are house sitting and are now offering up the dogs to a new home without the owners permission? I think before ANYONE expresses interest, the situation should be made clear.

My father has made clear that he needs/wants to get rid of Mr. Pink at the very least. I've made clear that I'd see about finding a new home for them.

He is IMPOSSIBLY lazy, and has had no motivation to do so himself.

He can barely afford to feed them, and the house is becoming flat-out disgusting, bordering to a point where it should be condemned.

Seeing where everything is at over there with him out of town, we are taking over the efforts of adopting them out since he won't. If there were papers for proof of ownership etc, I'm sure they've long since been destroyed or lost. Of course we will not be adopting them out with him out of town, and he will have to be the one saying goodbye.

Tl;Dr:

Mr. Pink is 100% up for adoption, Willy should go with her, once the owner returns (My step father), we will re-affirm that with him.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
the owner (My step dad) will be back the 17th, and he works limited part-time hours at Harbor Freight, so he is usually home. PM Miss Esa your number/name, and we can give you a jingle when he gets back to setup a time.

And I know I've said it like two or three times already, but they may only be willing to get rid of Mr. Pink... Just don't want to set an expectation to have it fall through.

Thread Info