• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Pipe size

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
You use 3" piping.
I used this:
Cxracing 3" 9pcs Free U Pipe Intercooler Piping Kit | eBay
Dont let the price fool you, its an awesome kit for the money. It comes in black too.

You want this intercooler, fits perfectly:
TR1035 Intercooler 666HP- TREADSTONE PERFORMANCE

Set your kit up for a Blow-Thru MAF.
I recommend buying the MAF from here:
PAS Xtreme Mass Air Sensor

Its a re-badged Pro-M for $60 dollars less. Then buy the appropriate wiring harness and flange.
6 Pin 6 Wire Pigtail - Mass Air Accessories - Mass Air Meters
Drop-In Sensor Weld-On Flange - Mass Air Accessories - Mass Air Meters

IIRC the TB inlet is 4-1/4"~4-1/2" You can get a silicone reducing 90* that's 3" to TB.
www.frozenboost.com

Doesn't Landy have a guy that makes A2A pipes? Shoot him a PM

I have a tig welder, mig welder and access to a full machine shop. I really want to do it myself. Plus I'm cheap! Got one daughter going to college and another two years behind her! It's going to be a couple of years of gathering parts on the sly.

You use 3" piping.
I used this:
Dont let the price fool you, its an awesome kit for the money. It comes in black too.

Its a re-badged Pro-M for $60 dollars less. Then buy the appropriate wiring harness and flange.

I looked at that pipe kit and blow through maf! Thanks for the confirmation that they aren't crap. I'll look at the intercooler too, Thanks!

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
You use 3" piping.
I used this:

thats a good deal on that 3" pipe kit, thanks for pointing that out i just picked one up

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Hey Zack I have a centri question for you. I have yet to see anyone use both cooling methods on a centri. Would it be feasible to go A2A and use a 03 cobra lower with a procharger W2A upper hat? I would think it could be the best of both worlds

Just wondering

The air would get cooled in the A/A intercooler, then get heated up 50+ degrees in the Procharger style hat.

A/A is best for street cars, W/A for all out drag cars.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
i think 3 maybe i havnet looked that close yet, they look the same as the treadstone ones i ran the last couple years, not sure that i will run that many couplers i will probably cut the lip off the ends of the pipes and have them tiged up so i will only need a coupler on each end

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info