Pics of my new ride...2008 EvoX

I haven't been on these boards in forever. I used to have a 2006 Cobalt SS/SC in silver. Full boltons, OTTP Stage 1 (60# injectors, 2.8" pulley, tune).

I traded my cobalt in April for my new baby. So far, I've done an airbox delete, Perrin silicone intake tube, UR UICP, and a base flash from AMS. about 300awhp. Took it to Union Grove about a month ago. I didn't want to launch the stock clutch at the 6k 2 step, so I did a very tame slow start from ~3400rpms...ran a 13.8 @ 102. You can tell I didn't launch it since i had a 2.5 60' in an Evo

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

Last edited:
Nice. Take that wing off.

Thanks! Some have taken it off, and it doesn't look too bad. The obnoxious wing is part of evo styling, and it almost doesn't seem the same without it. i might take it off for winter, but i doubt i will leave it off permanently. The wing has always been a symbol of the evo/sti. sure it looks clean wingless, but it loses some of its soul. it would be like saying "take that obnoxious V8 out of that corvette." i'll play with it and see how it looks.

I don't think that way at all. Look at the Sti limited.... Came with a tiny lip spoiler because it's classy.

In reality the evo x looks much better without it. Mook posted a bunch a long time ago and they looked great. I can't find the thread though...,

I understand what you're saying, but people dont buy an evo or sti because it's "classy." It's definitely a niche vehicle with a few practical capabilities, but that's it. I'm not saying it doesn't look good without the wing, and i'm not saying i wont take it off sometimes, because i plan on taking it off and playing around with it this winter. my point is that the wing itself is iconic. The 2010 X you can get a tiny lip on the edge of the trunk instead of a wing. it looks clean and awesome...but it doesn't scream EVO like the wing does. just depends on the look you're going for.

If any car can pull off using a spoiler that big and not looking retarded, it's the EVO.

My point exactly. even if all you see is a wing in front of you, you know an evo when you see one.

Don't you ever say that again! :rofl:

haha calm down, it was just an analogy. I hope to own a corvette one day. My point was that an evo's wing is as iconic as a corvette's motor. even though the evo has also left it's mark in the industry performance wise just like the corvette has...visually the evo is known for its wing. I come from a heavy GM family, so i'm the outcast for owning a mitsu. My dad gives me crap for driving a japanese car, but i tell him it's not like i bought a corolla or something.

here's the other rides at the house:
Dad- 09 G8 GXP 6.2L 415hp
Brother- 06 GTO 6.0L (suspension, exhaust, intake, tune)
Mom- 07 CTS Sport 3.6L

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I come from a heavy GM family, so i'm the outcast for owning a mitsu...

here's the other rides at the house:
Dad- 09 G8 GXP 6.2L 415hp
Brother- 06 GTO 6.0L (suspension, exhaust, intake, tune)
Mom- 07 CTS Sport 3.6L

As you should be! I'd bust your balls too! :roflpicard:

Quite the nice stable going on there otherwise. Truth be told, I considered an EVO when I was shopping for the TA... glad I didn't actually test drive one or else I might own one too. :ugh:

Nice ride tho man, definitely an improvement from a Cobalt. :bigthumb:

As you should be! I'd bust your balls too! :roflpicard:

Quite the nice stable going on there otherwise. Truth be told, I considered an EVO when I was shopping for the TA... glad I didn't actually test drive one or else I might own one too. :ugh:

Nice ride tho man, definitely an improvement from a Cobalt. :bigthumb:

The evo is amazing to drive, but I still miss my cobalt. It's surprising how fast it was. with $1500 in mods total on the cobalt, i was beating stage 2 srt4's, mustang gt's, a stock 2000 trans am, and tons of others that i wouldn't have expected to beat. With the right tires it ran mid 13's...AND it still go 32mpg highway. the X only gets about 16mpg in town, and 20hwy, but that's ok. I thought about going american muscle, but for a daily driver in this area, i wanted the all wheel drive, and theres so much potential in an already boosted car. with v8's, you get to a point where you can't get much more power out of it unless you spray or boost. the X can get about 360awhp on the stock turbo, and the stock internals can hold 500 with a turbo swap, so i will have plenty of room to play. american muscle is great, but the evo is amazing to drive. even when it's raining, the turbo and awd make it a blast to zoom around in.

i still get my fix of american muscle when my buddy gives me a ride in his 10 second 98 Trans Am. Those car rides are a wicked good time!

Just curious is all. I'm still on the fence about the x. I've driven a few different 8s and 9s and I really like them.

Also you sure about the x out handling previous models? I find that hard to believe with the weight increase and overall size of the x.

I know, it's hard to believe. there is a 300lb weight difference, but the X is the only evo to have a 5 star safety crash rating. plus i have 9 speakers, 10" long throw fosgate in the trunk, 7 airbags, including one by the driver's knees. The X is rated at .99g on the skid pad, beating the IX by a few points. even the professional test drivers on the private mitsu track beat their own track records in the X...that they originally set with the IX. When the X first came out, magazines, and mitsu themselves proved that the IX was quicker stock than the X in a straight line, but the X was quicker on a road track.

If we ever meet up, i would be willing to let you check my car out and give you a ride :)

Thread Info