Pics of my new ride...2008 EvoX

lets see,

GXP: :bigthumb:
GTO: :bigthumb::bigthumb:
and CTS: :cool: woulda got a thumbs up if it were a V, but still nice

I would agree if it were a base cts. The 3.6 isn't wicked fast, but not slow either. 6.7s 0-60 I think. It's a sport, has the polished 18" wheels, chrome mesh accents, exterior effects, spoiler, suspension upgrade. Its an appearance and suspension option that looks pretty much just like the V, but with the v6. My mom drives it like 6k miles a year, so she didn't need anything crazy fast...even though she has been bitching about it lately, and wants a 1010 camaro SS.

That sucks. Any plan for some mods?

Well, i have a couple minor boltons. Ultimate Racing UICP, Perrin silicone intake tube, K&N cone, and the AMS flash. I want to to a turboback exhaust, get a set of flat black wheels for summer use, and get my tail lights smoked. i've been looking for someone that does a good job on taillights for cheap. After i'm able to get an exhaust, i want to get a reflash from ams, to adjust for the higher flow of the boltons. I also need some sort of gauge solution, as i do not yet have a boost gauge.

So with a good launch what would that car run (guesstimate)? nice car. Always wondered how my car would run against it.

thanks! Chris at AMS said with an absolutely perfect launch, my car could hit a 13.0. Realistically with a good launch, 13.2/13.3. My little brother has a 6.0L gto with full exhaust, cutouts, intake, and dyno tune (366whp, 370wtq). from a first gear roll, i pull about a car on him, held it until about 80mph, and then he walks me. I take hime down low, but he has the advantage of top end pull. he ran a 13.0 @ 108 last time we went to the track. If I were to ever beat him, I would have to nail the launch, since that's the only time my car really has an advantage as it stands. Now...if i were to get a turboback exhaust and another tune, we would be much more evenly matched. I have yet to mess around with a G8. My dad has a GXP, but he has yet to floor it. Maybe one day...

So you coming out to the lukes meet Thursday? I wanna check this thing out. The dealer by my house doesn't have any.

What are the details of this meet? time, place, etc. I'll try to come out if I can...but I live in waukegan and dont get off work until 6ish...so i would have to factor in travel time. If my schedule will allow it, i'd love to head to the meet.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
thanks! Chris at AMS said with an absolutely perfect launch, my car could hit a 13.0. Realistically with a good launch, 13.2/13.3. My little brother has a 6.0L gto with full exhaust, cutouts, intake, and dyno tune (366whp, 370wtq). from a first gear roll, i pull about a car on him, held it until about 80mph, and then he walks me. I take hime down low, but he has the advantage of top end pull. he ran a 13.0 @ 108 last time we went to the track. If I were to ever beat him, I would have to nail the launch, since that's the only time my car really has an advantage as it stands. Now...if i were to get a turboback exhaust and another tune, we would be much more evenly matched. I have yet to mess around with a G8. My dad has a GXP, but he has yet to floor it. Maybe one day...

What are the details of this meet? time, place, etc. I'll try to come out if I can...but I live in waukegan and dont get off work until 6ish...so i would have to factor in travel time. If my schedule will allow it, i'd love to head to the meet.

Isnt that slow for those mods on the GTO? I ran 13.2@107 with intake and superchips tune.

Thread Info