Pickup truck market share talk for all of 2019

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
hmmm really trying to capitalize on their powertrains keeping people and not putting the money into retooling aluminum shit. interesting angle.
hmmm really trying to capitalize on their powertrains keeping people and not putting the money into retooling aluminum shit. interesting angle.

Hopefully the interior is great. I just think the lack of appearance changes will be a problem. Not sure how much they can really do with just the bumper/grill/lights. Hell the grills have been changed a few times since 2015 already.

People spending new truck money want it to look somewhat new, if the whole side of the vehicle is unchanged, not sure it will.

I'm also not sure exactly how much they're going to improve the powertrain, or that the market is really begging for better powertrains. I wouldn't trade my powertrain, I know that much. 13 second truck..20-22mpg hwy....relatively reliable...for a truck I'm beyond OK with that.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Are engine issues and quality control issues keeping people from buying fords or is it purely its so unchanged?
I don't think they've really had any significant issues since the gen 1 EB. 5.0 is stout, 2.7 stout, gen2 3.5 good so far. With GM and Ram sales growing, it really seems like lack of a redesign is hurting the ford

Reactions: DEEZUZ

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
i think around here all of them are right now...

IL had a tax law change with vehicle purchases the first of the month, and i think new sales are down currently because everyone who planned to trade in/buy new, did so last month.

i just saw on a dealer's site, a new 6.2 LTZ silverado for 47k.... and of course ford throws money at their half tons just as crazy as ram and gm.

Funny thing about that, it sounds like IDOR said Trucks are Division II vehicles and therefore not subject to the trade-in tax change.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
fuck. new denali... 13k off sticker.

K

here's that 6.2 LTZ for 47k.

lariat f150 for 9k off sticker... but 2.7? wtf?

9200 off this XLT...

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I don't think they've really had any significant issues since the gen 1 EB. 5.0 is stout, 2.7 stout, gen2 3.5 good so far. With GM and Ram sales growing, it really seems like lack of a redesign is hurting the ford

ive actually "heard" a lot of no-good for the new 5.0 in the f150's.

not to mention however ferd is having 10 speed issues that gm doesn't seem to be.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Honestly haven't even heard of those being an issue since back in the days of the 5.4, and a quick google search yields only results showing 5.4 cam phaser issues
A friend is currently going thru this with his 17 that has 25K miles or so. Gets all his oil changes at the dealer via their recommendation. Looks like ford still doesn't have a fix and even some claiming they've had buybacks for it.

BeerOrGasoline

Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Blanket statement regarding "common" issues:

I don't care too much about YT vids or 5 threads on a truck forum that say they have the same problem. Millions of trucks are sold per year and there have really not been any severe, repeated issues proven to plague even ~5% of them, at least not that I'm aware of. At least not since the gen1 EB problems, but that's 4+ years in the rearview now.

The 5.0 oil burning is new to me, that's interesting. That engine has been largely unchanged since 2011. Really weird

Reactions: DEEZUZ

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

I don't care too much about YT vids or 5 threads on a truck forum that say they have the same problem. Millions of trucks are sold per year and there have really not been any severe, repeated issues proven to plague even ~5% of them.

The 5.0 oil burning is new to me, that's interesting. That engine has been largely unchanged since 2011. Really weird

dude, it's a TSB. :rofl:

that's beyond forum/youtube heresay... :rofl:

BeerOrGasoline

Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL

I don't care too much about YT vids or 5 threads on a truck forum that say they have the same problem. Millions of trucks are sold per year and there have really not been any severe, repeated issues proven to plague even ~5% of them.

Oh its for sure an issue. F150 & Mustang. Oil Consumption, the "BBQ" tick, I wouldn't be recommending the 18/19s. Was at the dealer last week and they had 4 in for Oil Consumption problems.

& there were plenty of changes. 11-14 are not 15-17s which are not 18+. Lots of internal changes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info