Picked up something boring

syP

Not Banned
Reaction score
Short and sweet. Picked up a CO.

Brand new 2017 Z71 4x4 crew cab short bed loaded. 8 spd trans. Off road package. Tow package. Upgraded 7 speaker sound system. Apple car play. Heated leather. Nav. Hard to fit certain material/tools in the civic when I go to certain jobs solo. Plus nothing beats GM factory remote start and OnStar remote link.

This thing is kinda quick with the 8 speed trans. :rofl:

Needs more dark tint

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is the 8 speed trans a new thing? My dad has a 15 Canyon and the transmission is my only real complaint with it.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Reaction score
Is the 8 speed trans a new thing? My dad has a 15 Canyon and the transmission is my only real complaint with it.
They are as of recently from '17. I've been eyeing Silverados/Sierras for a while. I believe they are working on the 10 Speed autos still :eek:

Looks good Syp!!

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
i was reading a review about the 8 speed 3.6 gas colorado's towing really well even.

nice pickup

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yours sounds like it is optioned exactly like mine minus red, extended cab, and long bed... Did yours have the trailer brake controller? Those are harder to come by.

I liked white, I think it was our third choice for color because all the parts store trucks are white extended cab Colorados and we didn't want to look like we had one of those.

Congrats

syP

Not Banned
Reaction score
Oops. Yes it has the trailer brake controller too. 8spd is brand new for 2017. I raced a 2015+ 5.0 to a merger at a stop light. I was at his back door til 50-55mph then he started to pull away. It was quite comical.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
Awesome Man, Congratulations!!

blueoval4life

Donating Member
Reaction score
Oops. Yes it has the trailer brake controller too. 8spd is brand new for 2017. I raced a 2015+ 5.0 to a merger at a stop light. I was at his back door til 50-55mph then he started to pull away. It was quite comical.
Congrats Ryan. WTF you been??? :pedobear:

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
Nice, I haven't used it very much yet, but the integrated brake controller seems to be a thing of beauty. I'm glad we spent the extra coin to get it.

Pewter-Camaro

Reaction score
Nice!! another Colorado on TCG!

They are really quick for a truck. I have a Trifecta tune on my 2017 Colorado 3.6L 8 speed and its surprisingly quick. I'm curious to see what numbers mine would lay down 0-60 and 1/4 mile with the tune since its a Work truck extended cab model. Trifecta's loaded crew cab 2017 Colorado was able to hit 5.9 sec 0-60 times.. lol.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
I love how TCG was like WHY BUY COLORADOS, THESE WILL NEVER SELL, FULL SIZE FOR SAME PRICE.

now TCG be like THEY ARE QUICK AND AWESOME AND WE LOVE THEM NOW WE HAVE THREE

:rofl:

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
just a guess.
when i was looking for midsize trucks in 09, i stopped at a chevy dealer and a crew cab Z71 Colorado was 31k.

and the next row over had Silverados for 35-40.

i guess a midsized truck should be more "affordable" vs the pricing of a full size.

( side note, the sticker on my frontier was 30K, but with an employee discount and rebates, i got it for 26K OTD )
No shit!

Before I bought my 1500 I was looking at them also and could not for the life of me swallow the price. I said screw it found my 1500 wheeled and dealed and came out cheaper than the Colorado.
and the Silverado starts at $25,500? here we go . . .
:dunno: I've always liked them. I still want a Z71/5.3 older Colorado but according to Boosh, they're absolute junk.

White is fuckin right.

sup. :rofl:

Intel

Reaction score
Glad they put a better transmission in these things had a buddy who had one of the earlier models and had to trade it in due to the shft issues.

Love the white.

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
I love how TCG was like WHY BUY COLORADOS, THESE WILL NEVER SELL, FULL SIZE FOR SAME PRICE.

now TCG be like THEY ARE QUICK AND AWESOME AND WE LOVE THEM NOW WE HAVE THREE

:rofl:
I refuse to be grouped into this stereotype

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
It turns out the people who want or think they need trucks really actually want one of these, hence them selling.
right. they make a fuck ton of sense for most people.

hencewhyilovetheridgeline.

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
#fitsinmygarage

I just couldn't do the ridgeline based on looks, otherwise we'd own it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom