picked up new track beast for a Gingerman LOL

95SC

4 cams
TCG Sponsor
Sep 10, 2006
TN
Just pick this up few days ago for $1500 , I wanted a cheap beater that I can take to local Gingerman ,track is 20 minutes only from my house . progress will start next week . interior out , new brake pads , new tires , new brake fluid , new engine oil , new racing seat . interior is in really nice shape so if anybody wants 03 Focus SVT interior or Recaro seats let me know

Attachments

• 20170513_104852.jpg
    20170513_104852.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 240
  • 20170513_104726.jpg
    20170513_104726.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 236

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Lemme get those SVTF wheels!

Nice pick up for sure, hella cheap. I would totally snag an SVTF as another track car if I found one that nice for that price. If you only live 20min away, you should come hang out for WMHM. 7/15-7/17. I would live at that track if it was only 20min away. I envy you.

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
Sick! The SVTF was fun out at Autobahn CC for the one real session I got in.

Lessons learned so far:
-If you don't have a heat shield on the header you're going to want to wrap that or you'll melt your cooling fan.
-Power steering fluid gets HOT on track. I ended up blowing my PS pressure sensor and losing all my fluid. Ordering up a trans cooler to mount inline with the stock cooler and switch to synthetic fluid.
-Carbotech XP10 pads haul these to a stop real quick
-Steve Powell on the Facebook SVT Focus group works at a dealer in MN and gets killer prices on OEM parts.
-If the suspension is tired and you want to stay OEM theirs a full kit from FRPP that's just the stock SVT suspension components and it's less than $300 IIRC.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008

Lessons learned so far:
-If you don't have a heat shield on the header you're going to want to wrap that or you'll melt your cooling fan.
-Power steering fluid gets HOT on track. I ended up blowing my PS pressure sensor and losing all my fluid. Ordering up a trans cooler to mount inline with the stock cooler and switch to synthetic fluid.
-Steve Powell on the Facebook SVT Focus group works at a dealer in MN and gets killer prices on OEM parts.
-If the suspension is tired and you want to stay OEM theirs a full kit from FRPP that's just the stock SVT suspension components and it's less than $300 IIRC.

That's so weird, I raced my essentially stone stock Prelude for an entire day at Gingerman and not once did the power steering get hot or overheat. It just has a small "cooler" or a line that runs in front of the radiator/condenser, it's not anything big. My old SVTF blew the PS lines drag racing, so maybe it's just a shit design? I still want one though, cheap ass track car with a really great handling chassis.

95SC

4 cams
TCG Sponsor
Sep 10, 2006
TN
Nice! Could almost be a lemons car! 24 Hours of LeMons - Prices/Rules

Thanks , I always wanted to do that , my buddy is getting a Honda ready for it

Lemme get those SVTF wheels!

Nice pick up for sure, hella cheap. I would totally snag an SVTF as another track car if I found one that nice for that price. If you only live 20min away, you should come hang out for WMHM. 7/15-7/17. I would live at that track if it was only 20min away. I envy you.

Thanks , I have too many hobbies not enough time . I have to fit road racing into that schedule somehow LOL fishing , hunting , ATV riding , drag racing , 1/2 miles events and now road racing project

I wonder if the seats would fit in my mini cooper. could use measurements if you could get them!

No idea

thought you might have joined specFit

Thanks ,I 'll look into it

Seems like a deal. Enjoy!!

Thanks

Lessons learned so far:

Thanks for the tips

Nice! Should be a lotta fun

Thanks

Nice!

I pretty much have the same chassis but in mazda form and for what it is it can be fun on the track.

Rear sway bar and coilovers are about all I have beyond upgraded brake pads.

No big plans for it this year at all

That's an awesome purchase for $1500, congrats!

Thanks, I wasn't even looking for one . it was parked few miles from my house on the side of the road with for sale sign , guy was asking $2000 . I stopped by and check it out , took it for a spin around the block then I told him if he takes $1500 I can bring him $1500 cash in 10 minutes

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
I did research and find out , Ford didn't make many of them in this combination . screaming yellow , 3 door , fully loaded with HIDs , Recaro heated seats , TC, moonroof and European package

Yeah I think SY is a rarest color but I know all of them came with the EAP which is the HID/Xenon lights, 15 spoke wheels, heated folding mirrors and heated Recaro seats.

Thread Info