• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Picked up my car from Tim today (Modular Powerhouse / Mr. Norm's)

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
meh its a ferd so who knows on that one.

the last dyno we ran we found what should hopefully be the last major issue of airflow stalling through the maf above 9000hz

it still made 600hp well below redline at 13to1 afr

the more moded the more problems....i cant wait to see all the shit that fucks me over on the hacked together waGN :rofl:

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Nice numbers....What subframes did you go with? My bro is shopping for them and was leaning toward MM or Steeda.

I am not sure if I recall correctly what you said about your brother's car in a past thread, but if he has an SN95 Cobra he will need to custom fab up some stuff for the trans crossmember if he goes with rectangular subframes. He can avoid the trans crossmember modification if he goes tubular.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Awesome Mike........yes, that's the unmistakeable sound of a Whipple. Quiet whistle at idle, nice whine but not a crazy scream at WOT like the KB has.

Tim just e-mailed me that all the driveability tuning is done now and my car is ready to be picked up too. I got a ride set up to take me there Saturday, but after seeing this I may need to find a way to get up there this afternoon and pick it up. This post is making me too impatient to wait until Saturday. :bigthumb:

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
I love going to the shop. Always end up shooting the shit with him.

Both him and his wife are just super nice people.
Agree 100%. His brother Andy (mechanic) is also super nice and extremely competent with these cars.

When it comes to performance shops, they have to be one of the best when it comes to an all-around great place to deal with (especially from a customer service standpoint).

The reason they're always so busy/backed-up is that everybody just wants to spend time there BS'ing (like you said), learning, watching, etc.

They rock. :bigthumb:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info