Picked up my 350

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
It came out of a 90 chevy work van. 4 bolt main, one peice rear main seal, and the best part, it was free! When we pulled the pan, the engine was much cleaner than expected, you can almost eat off of the pan. The goal of this engine is 400hp with a tbi set up. All of the rod bearings were spun, crank is pretty much trashed. So Ill be ordering an eagle 383 rotating assembly with dished pistons. Once i get that, the block is going to the machine shop to be dipped, bored .030, deck the block, new cam bearings and freeze plugs installed, align hone the main journals, and if its needed clearance the block for the stroker kit.

Once the bottom end is built, Ill be using a set of procomp aluminum 210cc runner 64cc heads. These with the dished pistons should set my c/r right around 9.7:1. Going to run an edelbrock intake of sorts with a carb to tbi adapter. The throttle body ill be running is a bored out 454 tbi throttle body rated at 750cfm. I haven't made any decisions on what to run for the valve train yet, but it will defiantly be a complete roller set up. Ill be posting progress pics of the entire build of the engine and the truck, but for now heres my new engine!

IMG00007.jpg

IMG00009.jpg

IMG00010.jpg

IMG00008.jpg

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
want help as soon as my car is back together? i missed where it said something about turbo blowing through that TBI.....

sure, before the engine goes in i want to build up my trans and rear end. im gonna make a call to tci tomorrow and maybe order some parts. So if ya wanna help me with that, that'd be cool. i lost your number though

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info