Picked up a new toy

Shawn1112

Donating Member
Reaction score
Left the house at 3am for Louisville Kentucky. Just got home about a hour ago. 80 Malibu, 350 with smallish cam, headers, RPM Performer intake, holley carb (not sure what size), recently rebuilt 350 turbo trans with shift kit, B&M floor shifter. Should be a fun little toy. Only plans for this year is a 2" cowl hood and some other cosmetic shit. Next winter either a 383 stroker or 6.0.

Bub

Pitter Patter
Donating Member
Reaction score
I was watching this one on ebay. Car looked pretty damn clean and price looked right. congrats. Would love to see some more detailed pics. I love these cars.

Shawn1112

Donating Member
Reaction score
I was watching this one on ebay. Car looked pretty damn clean and price looked right. congrats. Would love to see some more detailed pics. I love these cars.
Will post better pics probably later this week. The guy was 74 years old, have been going back and forth on price for almost a month. He told me 2 different times it was sold. Finally agreed to a price yesterday, lower that what he had it on EBay and CL. Hence the reason I left at 3am, didn't want him changing his mind. My wife said he looked like he was gonna cry when I was strapping it down on the trailer

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
[MENTION=7534]wolfe[/MENTION] [MENTION=7923]CTC DEEZUL[/MENTION]

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score

keitho64

Reaction score
Nice score. I always liked that body style. Anxious to see more pictures.

P40E

Reaction score
In 1980 he would've been 37 . Did he say how long he owned the car ?

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
Nice Mannnn, Congratulations!!

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
That yellow is gonna look fantastic running down the strip.

Shawn1112

Donating Member
Reaction score
In 1980 he would've been 37 . Did he say how long he owned the car ?
He said he has had it about 10-12 years. Kinda got the feeling he never turned a wrench on the car and always paid someone to do the work. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing lol. When he just had trans rebuilt last fall they talked him in to a shift kit and he absolutely hated it, lol. As far as specs on the cam and other shit, he mentioned he would have to find it as he doesn't know where his wife kept all that shit.....kinda got the feeling that his wife might have recently passed away, my wife thought the the same. Paint he said was 4-5 years old, not a horrible job but not show quality either. Looks like he made a sad attempt on touching up some scratches here and there. He also mentioned he probably averaged 500 miles a year, just local shows and cruise nights, and only put like 30-50 miles on it last year. He mentioned it had a small leak after trans rebuild and never took it back to have it looked at. So I will get it up on stands and crawl under to see what I find. Probably going to change all the fluids and check the plugs before I take it out.

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Reaction score
Very nice looking car. I'll ask the guy I work with that used tonrace quite a bit if he's ever seen it around down here.

lefty

Reaction score
Mini tubs and a turbo? Look at all that room in the engine compartment

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
Hope to see this all over streamwood this summer

Shawn1112

Donating Member
Reaction score
Looked over it a bit today and took some more pics.
The carb is a Holley 670 street avenger and forgot to add it has a 10 bolt posi with a 373 gear. Also looks to have a trans cooler, aftermarket end links, and an aftermarket trans pan.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom