Pick a dumb, yet feasible, automotive purchase

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Reaction score
Say you were feeling stupid and decided to buy something, what would it be. I mean something you can afford, but do not need, and would have to be kinda dumb to buy.

For me it's this..i'm tempted to lowball this dude but I'm scared he'll accept, lol. I don't even really like street riding, so I can't explain why I want this thing.

What would yours be

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2018-Indian-SCOUT-BOBBER-5006586355

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Reaction score
Not a vehicle, but a Whipple supercharger for the Mustang, or a pontoon boat

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
Say you were feeling stupid and decided to buy something, what would it be. I mean something you can afford, but do not need, and would have to be kinda dumb to buy.

For me it's this..i'm tempted to lowball this dude but I'm scared he'll accept, lol. I don't even really like street riding, so I can't explain why I want this thing.

What would yours be

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2018-Indian-SCOUT-BOBBER-5006586355

You want that thing because it looks friggin cool. I don't ride anymore either, but I'd buy it just so I can stick it in my living room as art.

SMRTSS1

Reaction score
Cashing in a portion of my retirement to get a 56 BelAire convertible. It’s my dream car and at 45 years old with a 1 1/2 year old son I’m going to have to work until lunch on the day of my funeral, retirement is a pipe dream.
Or cash in some of my 401k and get a 65 Mustang convertible for my dad. He had one until the summer of 1970 when someone cut him off and put him through the windshield, one of those miracle cases where being ejected saved a life. Almost 50 years later and he still says had it not been totaled he’d still have it. He sacrificed a lot for me, it’d be nice to return the favor.

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
Probably the Supra that I have and if it weren’t for the right car, right friend, and right time I probably wouldn’t have done it.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
Donating Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmm, off the top of my head without much thinking.

1997 Camaro SS LT-4 or 1997 Pontiac Firehawk LT-4.

Mr Baytchos

Reaction score

Ron Vogel

Reaction score
I’ve always secretly liked those. There is someone in my neighborhood who has two black ones in their driveway. And they do drive them.
Crazy huh?...me too. Terrible car overall. Good candidate for modern motor swap.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
If I really wanted to be foolish, I've always got the Lotus Evora S on my mind. Not crazy expensive for older models, supercar-ish looks, and a supercharged toyota engine. What could possibly go wrong!! There's also the evora 400, but for the prices those go for, there are many other cars I would foolishly purchase before getting one of those.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
also, wait, boats are in?

If so my cars i posted are out. :rofl:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom