phatride getting down at byron 10-31--with bracket racing

phat_ridegt

TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
TCG/phatride getting down at byron 10-31

since the raceday was a flop, i am planning on going with a few others to byron next saturday, halloween day. i want to get a list to see how many others will be going. regardless of who goes, im going, dtb_ls1, sp_dynasty, and a few other ottawa guys are going.

the weather looks good as of now, but of course this is weather permitting.

post up, and ill start a list

1.phat_ridegt
2.DTB_LS1
3.sp_dynasty
4.SmokedOutZ28
5.KagA152
[email protected]
7.Eagle
8.UWISHU1
9.BruGTP
10.xringshooter7
11.TommyGloves

Last edited:
OP
P

phat_ridegt

TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Actually there will be no bracket racing. We will wait till next year when more people are interested

DTB_LS1

REAL RACECARS HAVE THREE PEDALS
Reaction score
Actually there will be no bracket racing. We will wait till next year when more people are interested
Good cuz I don't think my car would be much of a bracket car next Sat since I'm still dialing her in.

OP
P

phat_ridegt

TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
if we get enough people, i will contact byron for our own lane...

SmokedOutZ28

Reaction score
Sweet, I've been wanting to see your car get down. Your running Speed Inc's SI7 cam, right? I've got their SI5 right now but I'm going to bump up to the SI6 or SI7 over the winter.
Me too... Yeah I'm running the SI7, I'm still trying to dial the car in right...... Today I managed a 1.67 60ft and missed 3rd and a 1.74 and 1.81 while missing 3rd and 4th. It was very bad day since 95% of the time I DO NOT miss any gears but today seemed to not be my day.

My best run was 12.8 @ 85 mph with a 2.1 60ft and I coasted after I missed 4th

It seems like that SI5 is working good for you, I was going to down grade to it last winter since the car saw more street then track but now I'm determined to get this right so it might see more track time next season.

OP
P

phat_ridegt

TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
as of now, partly cloudy, high of 48* and 10% chance precip

DTB_LS1

Reaction score
Me too... Yeah I'm running the SI7, I'm still trying to dial the car in right...... Today I managed a 1.67 60ft and missed 3rd and a 1.74 and 1.81 while missing 3rd and 4th. It was very bad day since 95% of the time I DO NOT miss any gears but today seemed to not be my day.

My best run was 12.8 @ 85 mph with a 2.1 60ft and I coasted after I missed 4th

It seems like that SI5 is working good for you, I was going to down grade to it last winter since the car saw more street then track but now I'm determined to get this right so it might see more track time next season.

I feel your pain. 6spd cars are a pain in the ass to dial in. I've spent all year working on dialing in the car and its finally starting to come around thanks to Larry and the rest of the guys at Speed Inc. I've change my entire suspension/tire setup this year. Before I was cutting 1.9-2.1 60' times on 3.89s, 28" drag radials and koni shocks. Now I'm running 4.30s, 28" ET Drags, and Stange coilovers and rear shocks and I cut low 1.6s last time out. I know the car will cut 1.5s once I get a little more seat time.

Btw what heads are you running and what kinda power are you making with your setup? I'm going to run my car cam only next season and shoot for 10s then get some heads and N20 and go for 9s.

PANDA

Reaction score
Ill probably come to spectate. This is right after HEAVYKEVY's Party.

sp_dynasty

I AM THE STIG
Reaction score
must you even ask? :duh:

the only problem ill have is getting them mounted plus idk much about running slicks on the bike yet:dunno: so who knows i might try and get them mounted but itll cost an arm and leg liapolds is redic

OP
P

phat_ridegt

TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
the only problem ill have is getting them mounted plus idk much about running slicks on the bike yet:dunno: so who knows i might try and get them mounted but itll cost an arm and leg liapolds is redic
just take the rim/tire off your bike, and take it in...cant be more than 20-30 bucks to mount/dismount/balance one tire

sp_dynasty

I AM THE STIG
Reaction score
just take the rim/tire off your bike, and take it in...cant be more than 20-30 bucks to mount/dismount/balance one tire
you maybe right but when i had an error code on the bike they wanted 60 just to scan it:dunno:

DTB_LS1

Reaction score
should i put my new slicks on the bike for said track day?
Are they road racing slicks or drag? I'm not sure if there's a difference on bikes but if they are road racings slicks they might have really stiff sidewalls and could hurt your performance at the track. Again I'm not sure if there is actually a difference but its worth checking out before you spend money on mounting them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom