personal defense items

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
Dick's Sporting Goods.

I went to the gun counter instinctively - shit like Mace is a propellant and dangerous/hurts really bad/offensive weapon. Made sense to look behind the counter.

Nope.

They have a Mace/Pepper spray on a blister pack hanging in the....

wait for it

Jogging section.

I was looking for something for my daughter in college when they had a warning about some weirdo seen moving around inside dorms after hours. Hadn't hurt anybody yet, but just behaving in troubling ways.

Anyhow, Dick's has a personal defense spray x3 - it is part Mace, part Pepper spray, and part Tear gas. We settled on that one.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Looking where to buy stuff like mace, tasers, whistles. A hunting store or what? For a female friend to carry in her purse.

[MENTION=3831]Shadow99[/MENTION]

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT let her buy just any off-the-shelf pepper spray from your local hunting store (Bass Pro, Cabelas, etc) or Wally world! Most pepper sprays you get from those types of places is SHIT, unreliable, and nowhere near as powerful as it should be to prevent someone from pushing through the pain and doing harm. Go with a place like Fox Labs or similar. They are one of the premiere pepper spray producers and many federal agencies trust their product as well. They are pretty nice people and even sent me a free extra can for a military discount. I got the 5.3 in spray pattern.

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info