personal defense items

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Reaction score
Looking where to buy stuff like mace, tasers, whistles. A hunting store or what? For a female friend to carry in her purse.

Burtonrider10022

Reaction score
It is in Chicago.

Chicago has restrictions on both mace and Oleoresin Capsicum (pepper spray), and yes, they're very different things.

ThirdgenTa

Reaction score
There is a flea market that I go to in Michigan that has all of the stuff you mentioned. Plus chinese stars and swords

Burtonrider10022

Reaction score
OC spray is some good times.
I'd rather be Tased again than OC'd again. When the Taser is done, it's done. OC is like a crazy ex, it makes sure you remember it and stalks you for a while after it's over.

And a Taser doesn't make it hard to breathe.

zenriddles

Molon Labe - come and take them!
Reaction score
Dick's Sporting Goods.

I went to the gun counter instinctively - shit like Mace is a propellant and dangerous/hurts really bad/offensive weapon. Made sense to look behind the counter.

Nope.

They have a Mace/Pepper spray on a blister pack hanging in the....

wait for it

Jogging section.

I was looking for something for my daughter in college when they had a warning about some weirdo seen moving around inside dorms after hours. Hadn't hurt anybody yet, but just behaving in troubling ways.

Anyhow, Dick's has a personal defense spray x3 - it is part Mace, part Pepper spray, and part Tear gas. We settled on that one.

deviantlx

Reaction score
tell her to carry a pistol and a bag of baby wipes.

usually after you fire the first round the assailant is running away from you and shitting at the same time and theres a good chance your ladyfriend might get some splatter.

SinisterSHO

Tame Racing Driver
Reaction score
We have some type of mace at Menards in the automotive section.

Fish

From the mean streets....
Donating Member
Reaction score
Cabelas and Bass Pro have sprays as well.

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Reaction score
Woops not sure why i put this in help wanted lolz. But thanks guys ill take a look at Dicks (giggity) and cabelas.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Reaction score
Looking where to buy stuff like mace, tasers, whistles. A hunting store or what? For a female friend to carry in her purse.
[MENTION=3831]Shadow99[/MENTION]

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT let her buy just any off-the-shelf pepper spray from your local hunting store (Bass Pro, Cabelas, etc) or Wally world! Most pepper sprays you get from those types of places is SHIT, unreliable, and nowhere near as powerful as it should be to prevent someone from pushing through the pain and doing harm. Go with a place like Fox Labs or similar. They are one of the premiere pepper spray producers and many federal agencies trust their product as well. They are pretty nice people and even sent me a free extra can for a military discount. I got the 5.3 in spray pattern.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom